Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fitted or baggy trousers!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking to buy some new ski trousers and was wondering whether to get slightly baggy trousers or fitted.
I have seen some which are very tight to the knee then widen to the bottom to allow room for your ski boot - the only thing that worries me is the warmth and the waterproofing.
All of the slightly baggy ones i have tried have been very warm and seem to have good waterproofing but they all look so awful when on.

Does anyone have any advice and/or good makes to try?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Baggy.

Easier to move and the pockets actually work.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fitted soft shell. Moves, stretches and looks slim (if you are).

Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
demos wrote:

Smile

Makes me look like an uncooked haggis. Baggy all the way.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fitted Trousers are only good on French ski instructors Baggy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

True. But looks absolutely awful if you have a big backside. It beats me why so many people (women, normally) who have backsides bigger than they'd like wrap them in tight stretchy material - not particularly thinking ski trousers here. A particularly dire "look" when combined with a rather short top.

I have some stretchy black ski trousers which are waterproof - and are very comfortable - but if it's cold I wear a less fitted pair with long johns underneath. If you only have one pair, you really need one with room for longjohns underneath. But last time I shopped (TK MAXX, natch) for trousers I found there was "baggy"and "baggy". Some were awful, some looked really good. You have to try on a lot, I find. I did find a superb pair, very high spec, fantastic shape. But even in TKM they were £175. Shocked So they stayed on the rail, sadly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I remember an older thread with approximately the same questions... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=444481&highlight=#444481
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely fitted. Baggy looks terrible on me, being very slim and short - makes me look like a Michelin Lady. I like the slightly stretchy shell fabrics and I don't find them cold, at least not if you get them sufficiently large that they aren't a tight fit, merely a nice fitted fit. I've got a pair of Killy trousers which I use in the Snowdome - the zip has gone unreliable so I don't wear them outdoors. I also have a pair of fitted Spyder trousers with braces that look good and are extremely warm. I have a naff pair of old Columbia grey baggy trousers that I only wear on hot days as they aren't at all warm.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Baggy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski - happy, whichever looks best but if you go baggy please don't get a baggy jacket too - needs to be shorter and more fitted otherwise you'll look like a right cats breakfast......
unless you're:
a) v skinny and tall
b) boarder who spends a lot of time in powder / air

Agree that having a pair of leggings underneath (for bargains go to UniQlo) is delish. I had some ace peak performance trews which were fitted round the hips, low cut and baggy round the legs. They looked the biz... Unfortunately lost weight so can't wear them any more - not sure whether I'm Very Happy or Sad !!!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get a decent pair of shell, mountaineering salopettes (e.g. Mountain Equipment Karakorum) and layer up underneath as required. Then you're set for all your mountain fun; winter / summer, skiing / climbing / touring / walking.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rob speaks sense (these are often quite fitted)...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy