Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been through Turin airport in the last couple of years?
On a scale of 1to 10 how bad was it
I now it used to be a bit of a shambles but has it improved any Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield, I've been about a dozen times in the last 2 years. I think it's quite a good airport. It has improved since the Winter Games were held there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garfield, according to my kids, yes it has improved, but I haven't used it myself for a while.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garfield, How's it going? We used it last year and found it very good (we only landed there though,) in fact we are using it again this year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have travelled through it 4 times in the last 2 years.

I don't think it is a bad airport at all.

Baggage reclaim is rather quick, however you can wait a while if your at the back of the passport control queue. That wait is hasnt been longer than 10 minutes.

I have no major problems with it at all.

No problems with departures either.

Most importantly it has good access to Serre Chevalier and the Via Lattea (Sauze d'Oulx, Sestriere and Montgenevre). snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there in March. Arrivals was fine, but the Sunday departure had the usual queues snaking around the hall. I would say we were waiting to go through security for a good 45 minutes - so don't leave it to the last minute to check in.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
been before\during\after the game sand don't think its got that much better in some respects...bagguage is quicker..unless you have to get your own skis..but departures if you're on package change over day are a bit of a mare.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Garfield, I don't think the issues that arise on change over day should put you off using the airport.

What time is the flight your thinking of getting? That makes a hell of a difference.

Where are you hoping to go from Turin?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a nice modern airport, refurbished for the Olympics a few years back and not too big so u can't get lost. I spent about 4 hrs there every week for an entire season so I know it pretty well! Just make sure u don't fly from Gatwick, cos it's always delayed!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My tip would be eat on the land side on the way back as airside was a bit stingy, but it was a couple of years ago.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
improved over the last five years - been every year. Baggage handling was really slow when we first went there as was check in. But it's got better. Not that many shops airside, but enough space to not feel crowded out.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Christopher, Would be landing about mid day on a Sunday
Looking at Sestriere as a possible trip for early March If the snow is decent
We are heading for Austria at the start of Feb which is booked another trip is on the wish list but not sure if I can make it happen yet
Been looking at options from Zurich as well

Thanks for your inputs folks Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"I would say we were waiting to go through security for a good 45 minutes - so don't leave it to the last minute to check in." unless....

We got snowed in at La Thuille a couple of years back. The coach arrived at Turin Airport with 15 minutes until take off. Straight through check-in, security, passport check and on the plane with 5 minutes to spare! Couldn't see that happening at Heathrow or Gatwick.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Coming home from Turin after a trip to Sauze, they managed to send my nice new skis to Gatwick instead of Manchester, where I waited and waited while everyone else got theirs.
Not a nice feeling having no skis turn up.

The good news was they delivered them to my home a few days later.

The bar code system is obviously not infallible !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy