Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
philsmith, great info thanks, yeah that would make sense to have double M running as a back up in case of winds. The webcam posted earlier by Alex A is looking good, it's at the top of the Chaudannes chair so I'm guessing that must be about 2400m?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i had my photo beside there last year, i believe the sign reads "2438 M".

so thats not a bad guess Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blakey, well, yeah in that case it isn't a bad guess at all is it?! wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Woo hoo....looking good....I'm out they for 3 days from Saturday.....just hope its not too windy now!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Year wind is a real pain in the bum...last year almost every snow fall came with huge winds and the off piste in Tignes / Val never really got properly filled in until the end of the season ! Hopefully this year will be different Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5,

Excuse my ignorance Embarassed

But what is the double M ?? is it part of the Glacier section ?

We are due out 25th for 3 days on the ski and board camp - if open will the lift pass cover this and anything else thats open at the time ??
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Double M is the main run down from the glacier to Val CLaret
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kwakazx6r, no probs. As far as I know the lift pass you get from Mountain Sun will cover everything that is open at the time, but best check with them about that. That particular piste (as nbt says, it is the piste that runs alongside Les Lanches chairlift and joins onto the blue piste Rimaye from the glacier) is covered on the Tignes pass anyway so it should be fine. I would be surprised if it wasn't open by the 25th because the Espace Killy opening date this year is the 29th Nov.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt wrote:
Double M is the main run down from the glacier to Val CLaret

And a nice run it is too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5,

Cheers - got me even more excited now !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kwakazx6r, glad to provide further inspiration snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As I left today (boo hoo) some people had walked up from the base at Val Claret up the double m and made fresh tracks.

Will be great up top on Thr if it's opened!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After 2 days of being blown of the mountain Sad this morning the winds have died down and there are gaps in the clouds Laughing
Once again it has snowed in the village overnight and with slightly lower temperatures the snow is light & 'crunchy' Laughing Laughing

The lifts will probably open a little late as the pisters make everything safe. The winds on top have been over 100kph during the past few days and lots of drifting has occured.

Hopefully we will all have a great day's skiing on fresh powder Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Double M a very nice run indeed. Wasn't it the Olympic downhill?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, Olympic downhill was the Face ove in Val d'Isere, from the top of Bellevarde down to the village. will be used again for th men's world champs, the women will come down Solaise
ski holidays
stewart woodward, Looking at the webcams Trolles appears to be filling in a bit. Have the cannons been running yet? wink
ski holidays
Double M is a run that should be purely used for the last section after dropping in from the top of the Grande Balme Couloirs and then straight lining down the last section back to the Funicular to do it all over again ! wink
ski holidays
Buenos Dias Tous!
No sign of orcs, Temperature minus one and a half, no wind, Dipsy looking confused as i have ski clothing on, something must be afoot!
More from me when yes..wait for it... I return from the hill!
snow report
roggi, so have you returned then or did the orcs get you? snowHead
ski holidays
Hobbiton 11pm
Blimey! I skied, I skied like a wheelie bin but by god i skied!
Lovelly conditions firm and fresh like a fine melon. comparatively quiet, zero queuing, we blagged the double m home. A touch cairngormish at the bottom but eminently skiiable. Tried a new thing called a Ski Mojo today and was very impressed, would recomend it to anyone with shafted knees or lack of hill fitness. Zoomed around all day, no aches pains or strains. Dog happy to see safe return, outlook good, I have a suspicion they will open the bottom chair very very soon. Love and piste Roggi.
latest report
roggi,
Quote:

I have a suspicion they will open the bottom chair very very soon.

Yippee! I will be using said chair 3 weeks tomorrow! Toofy Grin Are they chucking artificial snow on it? Are the cannons going?
snow report
It's very early for a Saturday morning but as we missed 2 days mid week we are skiing today Blush Blush

As Roggi says the snow is sooo sooooo good & for the last 2 days no queues at all. This may change today as the local ski clubs from places like Les Arcs, La Plange, La Wossiere etc all come up the valley to get another early season fix wink Tuesday is also a bank holiday so we are expecting a few more people. No doubt lots of Frenchies will also be taking Monday off to make a long weekend off.
French, Spanish & Italian teams practicing Super G at the moment which is exciting to watch. The shear guts of this guys is unbeliveable Confused
The Laisse has been pisted and the chair lift has been running for the past couple of days so hopefully this will open soon. Not much artificial snow being made at the moment but the runs are looking god with natural snow Blush The Trolles has already been skied but like Double M it is a bit iffy in places rolling eyes

Not a cloud in the sky at the moment so plenty of sun cream is in order & hopefully my first Aspen burger & milk shake of the season this afternoon Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

hopefully my first Aspen burger & milk shake of the season this afternoon

stewart woodward, is there any other restaurants open there now except the Panoramique and the Taverne des Neiges? Is the Carlina open now next to Les Lanches?
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, What is wrong with the Aspen ?
snow report
rjs, sorry I thought he meant the burger he was having was called an Aspen burger, not that he was intending on having it at the Aspen. I don't think I've been in hence that's why I didn't get it. Where is it?
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5,

Lots of restaurants now open and more opening all the time Little Angel The Carlina has been open for a couple of weeks. The Aspen is situated in Val Claret about 100 meters from where the bus drops you off for the Fumicular. They do lots of good food including a Aspen Burger & milk shakes Smile Smile

Superb skiing today, with wall to wall sunshine, and despite the increase in people no real queues anywhere Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
stewart woodward, ooh. I might have been to the Aspen then. Is it the stand alone shack one opposite the Tichot sort of with the tables and chairs outside and they do burgers/fast food etc?

What are you doing up there? Teaching yourself or training for ET?
ski holidays
This thread means nothing without pictures!!!!

wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Lots of restaurants now open and more opening all the time The Carlina has been open for a couple of weeks. The Aspen is situated in Val Claret about 100 meters from where the bus drops you off for the Fumicular. They do lots of good food including a Aspen Burger & milk shakes

Is the Aspen the diner place?? (Great goats cheese salald if I remember)
ski holidays
Any news from Tignes - or are you all too busy getting first tracks of the season? Over at Weatherhead Thread it seems like it should be "wooohooo" there??? Can't stand it. Somebody tell me please....
snow report
I am sitting in Aime looking up and I can see lights at Plagne and Aime 2000, doesn't bode well, but praying you Tignards have good news for me!
ski holidays
Kaiser wrote:
I am sitting in Aime looking up and I can see lights at Plagne and Aime 2000, doesn't bode well, but praying you Tignards have good news for me!

Fresh snow in the village this morning and still snowing Blush The skiing is soooo sooo good Very Happy

Will try and get some pictures today. I have a new camera but have left the PC connection lead back home in the uk Sad Embarassed
snow conditions
bonjour bonjour!
Snow! Snow! Snow!
Hobbiton covered in white stuff, looks like more to come, shovels out. 0.2 Celcius no wind , cloudy. Dipsy not up yet but bet she`s gonna be barking mad for an extended game of snowballs. All good groovers, winter has arrived big stylee!
ski holidays
stewart woodward, roggi, Oh go to hell both of you. Am I jealous, not Crying or Very sad . You've got freesh powder to look forward too, I've got to drive to Exeter Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
Tip- Drive to exeter, steal a small plane fly to tignes, See you for beer and medals later! Think I might be bothered to go skiing later, or i may just laze aroung and think of Exeter. mmm MMMM mmm Smile Cool
ski holidays
roggi, GGGrrrrrrrrrr Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Looks nice on webcams but only a few cm's...Chamonix reporting 40cm new overnight at Lac Blanc (2300m). Hopefully the heavy stuff is coming south Puzzled
latest report
The Webcams look great

but we need photos !

Great cam showing latest snow fall here 15 - 20 cm at a guess

http://www.tignesnet.com/webcam/tignes/40

2 weeks today Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley not that Im counting
snow report
Only three months Sad
latest report
kwakazx6r wrote:
The Webcams look great

but we need photos !

Great cam showing latest snow fall here 15 - 20 cm at a guess

http://www.tignesnet.com/webcam/tignes/40

2 weeks today Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley not that Im counting

It looks good, although that is a little above 2100, but who's counting??

Perhaps if there is skiing down to VC I will trundle up there for a play around Razz Razz snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy