Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Cloudy today, cold and a little snowfall on the glacier above Le Fornet, warm and very soft everywhere else, more or less (La Grande Motte excepted, I imagine). Fohn (or some other designer wind) being unhelpful. Lower temps and snow needed pdq if a long season is to happen, I think.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stop press. Much colder today and (very) light snowfall at 1850m. Billed to stay like this all day. Sunnier tomorrow, but snowfall possible again. We're off home this evening.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing heavily too in Le Lac at long last Very Happy , complete whiteout too!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's just turned from rain to heavy snow in Les Brevieres. The forecast is for a long lunch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richmond, daveg481, thanks you've made my day! I'm going on Saturday Toofy Grin snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5, I shall be expecting daily reports from you next week Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5, save some for us for the following weekend snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nells, I will still be there the following weekend helping myself Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno, I think that will be unlikely Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A day of waiting Puzzled

This morning dawned with a little fresh snow overnight and slight snow at 8.00am. The light snow turned heavier during the morning and the wind increased to close some of the higher lifts Sad

My morning group initially skied around the Borsat area and Le Daille where we were more sheltered. We then ventured around Grand Pre for some excellent off piste runs before heading into Val D for lunch via the Face. The Face was hard work with new snow on top of the firm base at the top and slushy bumps at the bottom Very Happy

After lunch we headed up Solaise to Cunai where the viz was very poor but the fresh powder was above our knees Very Happy Due to the bad viz we decided to head towards Fornet and just after we arrived at the top of the cable car the skies cleared and we had glorious sunshine, prestine off piste and very few other skiers. The afternoon was then outstanding with run after run in fresh powder Very Happy Very Happy

An afternoon worth waiting for Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Val d'isere til Sunday - as Stewart says, this afternoon was one of those memorable days. Almost packed in early after lunch in village and poor vis, combined with late night last night! But, got going and by the time we got to top of Olympique "bubble" it had lifted and whole place was quiet, clear and powdery...huge turnaround from porridge of last few days! Looks like a lot more coming tomorrow...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sowing again this morning Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great over the boots powder off-piste down from the top of the Grande Motte Funicular to Leisse chair this morning. Getting slushy this pm near the villages.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Coming out next Thursday. Please last till then, pretty please!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stewart woodward wrote:

got a hole in your sock stewart?! Cool
ski holidays
Alpaka Lodge wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

got a hole in your sock stewart?! Cool

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

oooh 7 more sleeps . . . just keep that snow-a-coming snowHead
ski holidays
A beautifull morning in Tignes (and i am sure most of the alps) Very Happy Very Happy

High fulffy white clouds, bright sunshine and another covering of overnight snow Little Angel Little Angel

Skied lots of good powder yesterday morning above Val D using Glacier, Cugnai & 3000 lifts before returning back to Val via Cugnai off piste run. The snow varied from light powder to spring snow and a little icy decending into val down Solaise.

The afternoon consisted of more off piste under the Tignes aero ski Little Angel and the inevitable Tommeuses bumps Sad

All in all a vary varied week to round off the holiday season.
snow conditions
Light snow once again this morning, after more snow overnight.

Looks like another good week in prospect: Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowing heavily today at least down to Boisses, very quiet on the slopes!
ski holidays
Just in the Alpaka Lodge and it's been snowing all day-now it is dumping like anything. Poor visibility all day today but to be expected, if it's sunny tomorrow it will be E P I C!

A fair bit of light fluffy snow has already fallen today Very Happy
latest report
Loads of snow. Its just like winter again. Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Its been dumping all afternoon and its still snowing. Very Happy Very Happy

Probably the biggest snowflakes seen all season. snowHead snowHead

Will be awesome when it clears. Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
50 cm of new snow, and its still falling Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Mrs W, awesome! Great way to round out the season.
snow report
Snowing again this morning, with snow forecast down to 1300m for most of today.
snow report
Mrs W wrote:
Snowing again this morning, with snow forecast down to 1300m for most of today.

Jealous, very jealous! But don't feel sorry for me. I'll be skiing at Hemel Hempstead tomorrow, on real snow as well! Wink
snow conditions
Sunny and cold today.

Excellent snow conditions with fairly empty pistes.

Awesome skiing.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Tuesday 2 feet of fresh snow on the pistes!
Wednesday poor vis but more snow falling.
Today sunny. I'm in the Alpaka having just got off the Tignes glacier, where we were playing in knee deep powder!!
snow conditions
Mrs W wrote:
Sunny and cold today.

Awesome skiing.

when the lifts closing?? i've read that they will be open till 10th may
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
51st state wrote:
Mrs W wrote:
Sunny and cold today.

Awesome skiing.

when the lifts closing?? i've read that they will be open till 10th may

Espace Killy open until Sunday 3rd, Glacier open till Sunday 10th, nobody here and so much to have, happy days!! Cool
ski holidays
Beautiful morning here with a few high clouds and lots of sunshine Very Happy

There is still an amazing amount of snow in the village (still 1.0m on the nursery slopes) and the mountain tops appear to have a new covering of snow overnight Very Happy

Think i will go and have a ski on the glacier today NehNeh
snow report
stewart woodward, are the runs open down to val claret etc this time of the year or do you need to get the train down? Lucky you!!
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
stewart woodward, are the runs open down to val claret etc this time of the year or do you need to get the train down? Lucky you!!

The runs down to VC are still open and in V good condition Very Happy All the runs into Tignes could still be open as there is so much snow Very Happy

Great mornings skiing with a couple of cm new snow up top. Laughing Skied from the top of Grand Motte down Leisse and then did the steeps under the Vanoise chair. For anybody who remembers this is where BASI used to do there steeps assesment Puzzled The first time i have skied down there this season. We then carried on down the piste and returned to the Panoramic for a quick expresso.

We retraced on tracks down Grand Motte and decided to ski the Tongue of the Glacier and the off piste down to Val C. Not a fantastic amount of skiing in a morning but great qualitity Very Happy Very Happy

Thinking of going touring tomorrow
ski holidays
Quote:

The runs down to VC are still open and in V good condition All the runs into Tignes could still be open as there is so much snow

When I left Tignes/Val D'Isere on Sunday both the pistes and the off piste was in great condition. Shame they didn't keep the resort open longer for there was plenty of snow to be going on with, but I guess the numbers don't make it worthwhile for them to do so.

I have had fantastic skiing in Tignes this season, I have spent 5 weeks there in total and it never once became dull. I'd love to do a full season there one day. In early December and late April it dumped, personally I don't think you can beat Tignes for early/late season skiing Very Happy
latest report
Yesterday the sun was above the top funicular station, today everywhere. Snow in excellent condition all the way down to Val Claret until early afternoon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy