Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
eng_ch, er, no. No buses for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Greetings all!
6.30 AM the world is white in Les Boisses, Snowploughs struggling up the hill and 10cm of white stuff on the terrace.Temperature a balmy minus 5c. bug, will need to find the shovels. (attention carpet skiiers, white stuff refered to is called snow)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
31 days and counting!!!!!! Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett wrote:
Thinking of popping out for a long weekend this saturday ...so 3 quick questions (sorry I know it's the wrong thread but...)

a) What's open on the glacier at the moment? Any chance of anything else opening if conditions permit? Look on tignes.net

b) I assume access is via the grand motte funicular? Yes

c) Alpaka - are you open? how does one get round from le lac to the funicular (I assume the peak season buses won't be running) They are. Free buses from le Lac to funicular (& back).

Cheers

bb
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome, Awesome day Blush Blush Blush Never thought you could get such great snow in late October. We have about 20cm of fresh cold light POWDER on the glacier this morning with light winds & sunshine Laughing Laughing

The slalom training was postponed for a while whilst we went zooming around the mountain enjoying the conditions and having on of those days to remember Little Angel The group on snoworks autumn piste performance course were expecting lots of drills of firm snow instead they are getting a 'offpiste' course.

More snow forecast for tomorrow and the weekend so if you get the chance get yourself here Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Starting to snow again, Dipsy decided it was too cold and has stopped chasing snowballs. Wind blowing quite hard even down in middle earth. Lee (shrek) returned from Motte via Alpaka with stupid grin, not just demis and the company methinks. Beware, Lou lou ripped giant chunk out of her board, so there might be some hungry rocks out there still. More from Middle Earth weather channel tomorrow 6.30am ish.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
6.30 ish, weather curiously warm +2.9c, no sign of dog so unable to assess powder, looks like the end of the world over towards Rosiere, so maybe more snow on way. figure its going to rain poached egg and bacon at breakfast so must go. Methinks more snow on way for middle earth.
More later.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roggi wrote:
figure its going to rain poached egg and bacon at breakfast so must go.

that sound cracking Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roggi, Laughing great stuff.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Coming out for a long weekend early Feb. Fantastic Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A quarter to two, Early returners report windy conditions (it can get a bit fuggy in the cable car I admit) with lower T bars closed. Middle Earth 9.2c with sun breaking through and a general thaw in progress. Dipsy sulking due to density of snowballs (ie wet). Snow forecast .com (two lies for the price of one) predicts smatterings of snow through the weekend. Looking like a good afternoon for chocolate elephant buns and spiced scones. More from Hobbiton in the early A.M.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
roggi, Laughing Laughing great reports Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roggi wrote:
Snow forecast .com (two lies for the price of one)
How true wink wink

All the lifts except the cable car were open on the glacier although conditions were a little windy rolling eyes I understand the Panoramic chair lift closed late afternoon which meant a few late skiers had to walk up the ridge Sad not easy in ski boots.

Met a few snowheads in the restaurant this morning at about 9.00am, they were still there when we returned at about 1.00pm so not sure how much skiing was done Puzzled

Question of the week; Which director of snoworks had his/her car towed Puzzled Puzzled

Roggi i presume you are out for a few sherberts ce soir NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, Hi Stewart, nice to see that you and Mrs. W are back in residence. I take it that "alpaka lodge" is Tony? What's the news on the lift in Val Claret that was being installed through the off season?
We are out en masse at New Year so will catch up with you all then. A few of us are staying just over the road from the Alpaka. Only 8 weeks to go but we're jealous that you are all ready skiing. Evil or Very Mad
Great to hear the snow and ski reports. See you soon, George and Claire. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Radio free Hobbiton, 6.40 ish.
Its windy!Temperature plus 6.9c and small animals are being blown down the street. Dont know if its the Foen but if it is can somebody please answer it! Lindo got up so it looks like Halloween went off without creating too many zombies. Quite cloudy coming in from wsw. Bacon and eggs on the go for 34 no sign of dog, odd. More Later.
snow report
george owen, Hi George good to hear from you. The new 'Tufts' lift has been installed and will be running for the new season. High speed 6 person chair, should be good for a speedier uplift but not so good for the suntan in the spring wink wink Will no doubt see you & Claire in the bar
Blush
roggi, Why should Halloween make any difference in Le Bois Puzzled It's a well known fact that all you guys down there have 6 fingers & toes Laughing
ski holidays
roggi, Why should Halloween make any difference in Le Bois Puzzled It's a well known fact that all you guys down there have 6 fingers & toes Laughing[/quote]

we have an extra digit to raise in salute to our more salubrious veterans NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
Laughing
snow report
Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Met a few snowheads in the restaurant this morning at about 9.00am, they were still there when we returned at about 1.00pm

stewart woodward, That was me rolling eyes I called it a day just before you came in, the others still had a couple more runs before we had to go down.

roggi, Complaint! Shocked Why did they all get 2 eggs and I only got one on Friday morning Crying or Very sad Laughing
Glad to see that you all survived halloween Laughing
Have they moved the lorry from outside the hotel and the one that had crashed on the way down to Bourg yet? They really must learn to park better out there Laughing
Thanks for great time last week and of course the wonderful food Very Happy
latest report
roggi, The bacon and eggs were wonderful by the way - who ever stops for lunch on a powder day! Your breakfast kept us going well into the afternoon. Many thanks to all the gang for a wonderful stay at Tignes Very Happy See you next year snowHead
latest report
Linds, apologies but sometimes un oeuf is enough!
We can fight for eggquality but sometimes its a hard scramble. Smile
It was a pleasure as allways to have such a friendly bunch of real enthusiasts in the house. Have a wicked winter. snowHead
snow report
glacier closed around 12:30 - too windy. Currently pissing it down in le lac, slightly to warm to be snow, but probably freshies up on the glacier. Tomorrow should be a good day!

snow conditions
Some fresh snow in the village this morning Little Angel looks like lots of snow on the glacier Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
Lots of new snow on the glacier yesterday Blush but rather windy so the cable car could not work Sad The skiing was still v good.

Someone managed first tracks all the way down from the galcier to Val Claret via 'double M' Cool Glad they were not my skis wink
snow report
Radio free Hobbiton Half Nine ish
Its Miserable! Ha! Almost went skiing today, but being of the Italian school (two clouds stay at home) figured that more tea was a better challenge. 3.9c and more turbulance than the washroom of a London Bank. Sporadic snow falling down here, must be dumping on the hill, but cant see it.
Dipsy enjoying wild weather, returning smugly to curl up on peoples feet. Looks like a good day for a casserole containing lots of wine.
More later when the more bold adventurers return.
snow report
Bold adventurers heading home with their tails between leges. All was closed - too windy and rubbish vis..
snow conditions
Enjoying the updates roggi, and everyone else. Am hoping to be there for 29th Nov - haven't booked yet but looking at either Inspired to Ski or Snoworks all mountain courses - both look similar and have good write ups elsewhere. I think Snoworks use the Mark Warner Auigille Percee and I to S use Annapurna chalets or hotel Aigle. Hoping for ok conditions by then... snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kewhoward, I am there on 29th with Inspired to Ski with a non Snowhead mate of mine. We are both staying at the Chalethotel Aigle. It is very nice, I stayed there last year and was very impressed. snowHead
ski holidays
Hobbiton , Tea Time.

A truly horrible day, hill closed, high winds and low spirits. Jaegermeister and Scones the order of the day. Dipsy returned from mountain perambulation saturated but happy. Looks like the double m is filling in nicely. More snow above 2100m on way. Day off tomorrow so will almost certainly be unskiable, due to the curse of the chef. Looking forward to slowly braised lamb with a nice bottle of Merlot. More from Middle earth tomorrow. Cool
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, thats encouraging - thanks. Will be deciding in next couple of days so will look out for you if I go with I to S - they are full in the Aigle and are using Annapurna chalets as overflow - I think they have circa 50 for that week! - what was the decider for you over Snoworks, if you don't mind me asking (I think I read somewhere else you'd also looked at both?). Are you using their transfer from Geneva? Tying in flights is a bit tricky from Yorkshire... snowHead
snow conditions
kewhoward, yes they are full in the Aigle, the Annapurna is just as nice though (I've not stayed there myself mind but it looks very nice). No not using transfer from Geneva, my friend is though, I am driving out because I'm there for a few weeks. Anyway, the reason I'm going with ItS since you ask is because I went same time last year and loved it. So thought I'd go again with them, simple as that. The MW Aiguille Percee is better location down by the Aeroski in Le Lac, but to be honest I wasn't very impressed with the last MW I stayed in, the AP might well be fine but just have stuck with what I know and the Aigle/Annapurna was ski in ski out last year as well as being great accomodation, great food, good staff as I've belted on about on a few threads here and there this last year.

I've got some more mates coming out the second week and they live up your way....they had a job to get a flight to tie in nicely so they are going from Gatwick same as everyone else. They were there with me last year as well.

I have tried Snoworks mind and I enjoyed their week as well.

Whichever you go with you will learn loads and hopefully improve tonnes, so see you out in Tignes maybe one way or another! snowHead
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, great info - thanks again. Will decide in next couple of days and let you know... here's hoping for OK conditions! I'll be following the thread very intensely snowHead
latest report
Hi Phil from Snoworks here. Just having a quick browse through the comments. In Tignes, conditions excellent. It's been snowing heavily all night up top which has meant the glacier is currently closed unfortunately. So we're sitting having a cup of tea waiting for news to see if it will open and having a look at Snowheads. Tomorrow should be fantastic. looks like we may have the powder skis out on Nov 6th!

Shame you can't come with us. The Aguille Percee is excellent. We are in here for 6 weeks from october 24th through to dec 7th. Staff great, food great. If you come out pop in and see us.

Fancy Fernie & Panorama with Cat and Heliski options in Feb?

Noticed Stu Woodward posting some comments. He is with us now Eurotest Training.

Cheers,
Phil
snow report
Tignes definately got the best of the goods over the last couple of days by the looks of the webcams Very Happy

http://www.tignesnet.com/webcam/tignes/40

I'm there for 14 nights at the start of March and hopefully a wee trip early season if it looks good.

Alex
snow conditions
I am sitting in the hotel in Tignes Le Lac now looking at perfect conditions. Unfortunately they had to close the glacier today due to the winds but tomorrow should be awesome.

If anyone fancies Race Training next week we have spaces on our Race Week. Fly out to Geneva Saturday pick up our transfer at 3pm and skiing on Sunday!
snow report
romeowner, 31 for me too - the 7th can't come quick enough!!!! Smile
ski holidays
philsmith,
Quote:

Shame you can't come with us. The Aguille Percee is excellent. We are in here for 6 weeks from october 24th through to dec 7th. Staff great, food great. If you come out pop in and see us.

Hi Phil. Great about the snow hey, even this early on! snowHead I am looking forward to coming out there again so soon, I was out there the other week and the conditions were good then. I am coming out for 3 weeks from 29th Nov. I did have a look at coming with you, and I have heard the Aiguille Percee is one of the nicer MW hotels mind you, and it is in a good spot down there not far from the Aeroski, but also all of us lot that were in the Aigle last year said we'd go back again to the same place same time this year so we are. The first week I am on a free skiing week while my friend does her course, so I expect I will see you guys round and about here and there. I may have a snowboard in tow though so you might not recognise me Very Happy

kewhoward, ok, well either way yeah, let me know. By the way it occurred to me last night that I got it wrong about my 4 friends from Yorkshire driving down and flying from Gatwick. They aren't, (my mistake), they are sourcing their own flight from Liverpool earlier in the day and waiting a bit for the transfer bus matching the Gatwick flight to take them to Tignes. So you might be able to sort your own flight out from the North and do that maybe same as them.

Anyway either way see you in Tignes soon.
ski holidays
philsmith, have they got anything else running yet apart from the glacier, or anything that looks like it will be open soon? What's double M looking like?
latest report
The chairs are out on the double m. Only testing so they informed me this morning. My guess is they want to get this running ASAP so if the winds cause the glacier to close again they can open up double m. Will still need some more snow but if they start the cannons they could get it open in a few days time. Sun's out and it's looking good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy