Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Burton Clash.

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I used to ski very hapily with my mates who all board Puzzled they have all been at me to take up snowboarding cause its much better. So i have now done 2 days with a hire board and really like it!

So all we are going to france for a week at the start of January and probably for a week in March im thinking about buying a snowboard boots and bindings. You might think that buying at this stage is a bad idea but i dont want to waste cash on Hiring all the time.

So the board i was thinking about was a burton clash does anyone no anything about it ?

Someone told me that you can only put Burton Bindings on a Burton board is this correct ?

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

you can only put Burton Bindings on a Burton board is this correct ?

no not correct although you may need an adapter plate for a couple of £ as Burton have a strange hole pattern for bindings but you can use any bindings on any board.

Clash as far as i can remember is mid level board and made by a decent manufacturer so should be good. Don't bother with a beginners board, it'll be a waste of time. Good Luck!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers,

Thats good because im seriously thinking about flow bindings or step in 1's but everyone i speak to says stay away from step ins ?????????????????

Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think with flow bindings you don't need an adapter plate as they already have enough options on the plate to fix to the burton system. Just ask when you order your bindings, just in case............although this calls them adapter plates, they are what i got with my flow bindings:

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Burton-3-Hole-Binding-Discs-for-Flow-bindings(464).htm

As in type of binding, it's all a case of what works for you. I've tried various step ins and found them ok but sometimes a pain in the butt to get on when you get compacted snow inside them/the boot. You also on some of them need to have a dedicated boot to the system which limits your options. Flow will fit most boots but you'll still need to try them out before buying. Straps will fit almost any type of boot............but i prefer my flows Blush Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers, definately planning Flows then you have made up my mind !!

What about buying this stuff wheres the cheapest ? Tignes, UK or even the net ?

Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick, There's an enormous debate about flows and regular strap bindings (does anyone here have the SH URLs?). I personally wouldn't touch flows with a ski pole and there are a myriad of converters you can use. I don't know where Wick is but do you have a TSA near you? See here for more info on The Snowboard Asylum. I use the one in Bristol and have never been let down.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
P.S. Certainly not Tignes!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dave_wick, don't go by what i say.................i'd say if you can go to a local indoor slope and arrange a trial with the shop to see what works for you. it may seem a bit more expensive but then you are sure the gear you buy is what you want and not what you think you want from what some oik Wink on a forum has said Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Option Redline is a good mid-level board that I have read good things about........but I'm only saying that 'cos I'm not a Burton fan. Personally I'd say strap ins are the way to go as they are generally more responsive.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave.... it's obviously a personal choice.... but I'm for straps ... the debate is that flows are more comfortable and easier on/off... straps give you better performance and are more responsive... guess it's what you want when your riding the mountain......

Hey, but don't listen to me... I bought the K2 cinch bindings last year... against all good advice Laughing Laughing

I agree with Richie as well.... I'm looking at the option redline as well... think though won't be wide enough for me...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You'd be hard pressed to find a better intermediate and up board than the Option Redline or Rome Solution. As for bindings,, if you're thinking of flows, make sure you try them before buying them. I was going to get them, tried them a few times, didn't like them, and went for another pair of straps instead. But some people love them and wouldn't use anything else.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oisin Osh Kelly, how were the Cinch bindings?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
John, I only had a couple of issues with them really. Once the metal wire which is used as part of the locking mechanism on the highback after you push your boot in popped out of the piece that holds it in place.. but that was more to do with not setting it correctly.

They're not as easy to get on as flows (or I guess so as never used flows). when you undo the highback to put your foot in the upper section i.e. the part holding the straps moves up to allow your foot to move in, but the toe strap doesn't go high enough. Basically when your taking your foot out it's best to undo the toe strap a couple of notches so when your putting your foot back in you’ve got a bit more clearance.. then once you lock the high back, you need to crank your toe strap a couple of times to get it snug.

I guess they are a bit more fiddly than flows, but are quicker once you get used to them than straps. If your a strap man then they are cool, quicker than doing up your one binding when you get off the lift.

I guess one other thing I found was that my old Salomon dialogue boots (02/03) are pretty chunky volume wise, and this kind made sliding my foot in/out a bit difficult. I'm buying new boots next week, hopefully some that have a smaller profile.. and this may improve the situation. i did try the bindings with my boot last year, but it's a whole different story when kicking in and out of the binding when on snow than on a shop floor Laughing

This said, this seasons are supposed to be improved and lighter, but don't know exactly what they have done mechanism wise.

Over all they didn't wow me, but I am not hugely disappointed either... and I really need new bindings last year anyway Smile

EDIT: oops should mention that performance wise.. I found them pretty tight.. i.e. they're fairly stiff, or stiffer than my old liquid bindings. they are pretty big n chunky but found then responsive.. guess it's fairly hard to notice a huge difference in binding performance... but I felt that board control was that little bit sharper as well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all, my first post, so please be gentle!

I tried the the Cinch for two years renting, quite liked them for most of the time, but once I ventured to the big fluffy fun sutff (and the inevitable falls!) I found them a little annoying to get on and off. Also found them a bit heavy, but only noticed when carrying them.

I now have a Burton Clash, a brilliant first board, but hey I have nothing else to compare against other than rubbish in resort hire boards when learning a few years ago.

I bought for the board, against advice (we never learn huh!), the K2 Auto. Not bad bindings, but they don't seem to give much advantge in time to put them on compared normal bindings although I really have no complaints about them - yet!

Off to the snowboard camp in Tignes in a few weeks time , so will hopefully have more of a clue on either the kit or how to make everyone else look good!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think Flows or step-ins are really good for beginners.
You can concentrate on learning to board without getting p*ssed off strapping in.
snow conditions
The clash is a greater entry board and you will progress fast on it as it is forgiving. The only downside is you may outgrow it quickly and want to upgrade in twelve months or so.

It depend how confident you are in your ability and progression. You may want to look at a more advanced board but you will not go wrong with the clash.
ski holidays
Steve203rd, welcome to snowHead
snow report
dave_wick, Pretty sure its Burton entry board so if you have got experience on the snow and not scared to get down the hill you might out grow it fast, same goes for the flows iv had a pair and personaly they dont compare to strap ins, look at the burton P1 speedzone bindings slightly easier to get in and out of and are strap ins , also agree with ponder rome solution for the board something you can really grow into!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy