Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Chains Research

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey people, My name is Adam and I am currently gathering research for an Industrial design project at University.

I'm new to this site, but so far have found some of the existing sections and posts very interesting. Hopefully I will find the Target Market I am looking for via this site. I set up my own forum online, in the attempt to gather research, but found spreading the word and ultimately gathering responses very difficult. So I hope you don't mind me "abusing" this site for reseach purposes wink

It is quite an important project for me, as it will make up the majority of my graduation project.
Anyway that’s enough of that. Here is what I aim to find out – With your kind help of course lol.

I am looking into the field of Snow chains and any other form of snow safety equipment meant for use on regular cars and possibly larger vehicles.
My main focus will be on temporary use, either in situations of emergency or snow-related holidays e.g. skiing trips.

My idea is that with some guidance from people who have had first-hand experience of snow chains or the like (and even people who haven’t) I can come up with a more "focussed" product that solves (or at least goes some way to solving) what I currently believe to be the existing problems with snow chains.

Unfortunately I cannot give away too much about my actual ideas at this stage, for fear some theiving chuff will nick off with them - It's a cruel world lol.

So far from some preliminary market research, the general consensus seems to be that traditional methods are either:

· Too confusing / time consuming to set up
· Too expensive
· Long-term products have to be purchased for short-term usage.
· Bulky when considering storage
· Generally made to pay extra by car hire companies for snow tyres or chains
· Some modern “Sock” creations do not meet European countries legal requirements.

Feel free to give me your views and opinions on any of the above. I thought I would add these findings to this forum in an attempt to make it quicker and easier for you to post your thoughts – I don’t want to hold you up for longer than is necessary.

Thanks in anticipation for helping out a lowly student lol - I look forward to hearing your views on the matter.

Cheers, Adam.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Watsi, Welcome to snowHeads

May I suggest you start by putting the words snow chains into the forum search box (top left) click search all terms and submit you will find 1519 responses, loads of free research!!
Do not put in snow tyres or winter tyres 'cos thats another discussion all to-gether Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll check that out.

Cheers,

Adam.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy