Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rome Solution

Poster: A snowHead
I am currently looking for a new board and was thinking about the Rome Solution with some 390s.

Spoke with guys from TSA today and they say they dropped it this year because last year they had a lot of returns due to a split top sheet. Anyone else heard about this?

Do we know if they have done anything about it?

Anyone got any suggestions for alternative boards? Thinking of the the Anthem, but another £80 more.

All ideas welcome
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i heard about it, and i have a solution. there was a problem with one batch of boards which were produced on which the top sheet delaminated from the core. all returns were replaced with new.

i like my rome solution. i have only tried a couple of other boards and they didn't seem as good.

i would get one.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So you think it was just one bad batch which delaminated? Would make sense potentially if one shop then had the lion's share of that which is maybe why TSA are now distrusting of this model. They still clearly support Rome as they had many other boards today at the ski show.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
croskemj, i'v got the anthem it's a really nice ride, this years model looks wicked!!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
croskemj, my OH has had a Rome Solution for 4yrs, it has had a real battering and its still going strong. I would recommend one for sure !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DebbiDoesSnow, Solutions have great name, but the worry is that they changed something last year in the glue sticking the laminates together such that it became a problem. Clearly there were a number of returns, the real question is whether it was a bad batch that is now not an issue, or endemic within the current production of this board?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
croskemj,
Irrespective.it seems clear they had issues last year.
Either it was a bad batch, in which case it is probably cleared out by then.
Or it was bad design/glue, but since all the trouble, you can bet your house they corrected the mistake by now.
So as long as you buy from this year's collection, you should be OK. Rome has not got a reputation of dodgy quality as a whole..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are very different looking boards, so will be quite easy to spot a new one! It is a lot of money to tie up in something with a known fault, so I am sure you can understand the need to enquire.

Rome have a great rep and I only heard this yesterday, so was disappointed and wanted to get to the bottom of it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
croskemj, If you like the boards that much try going to the source. Email them to enquire about the problem and what guarantees they are giving with this seasons board that it has been rectified ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow,
very good advice...

croskemj,
Very sensible attitude and you're right to make sure before you spned that much..I was just basically saying that IMV the risk is probably gone...but follow Debbi's advice and that should put your mind at rest...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dont you guys get insurance with your boards? Mine are all insured against damage Laughing can't believe they fall for that one. I'm on board 4 or 5 with insurance claims. That's why I really dont care for my boards, see a rock, no problem, use it to jump off. If the board breaks then fill out an insurance form. Laughing
The only guy who rumbled me was the nitro rep, started waffling on about no manufacturing defect and have I been riding on rocks kind of nonsense. He still replaced my board for 150 quid though Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
croskemj, i heard it was just one batch. i bought my solution last year at TSA. i'd say this years solution has the strongest topsheet/core glue known to mankind. Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Emailed Rome and await their response - cheersDebbiDoesSnow, . All very sensible - its almost like being a skier. Must do something reckless to get back to normal.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, Where do you get insurance with your board?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
croskemj, when you buy a board you get a form for a company called elvia, it costs around 50 quid a year, depending on the value of the board and bindings. This is in switzerland though and to be honest I never heard of it anywhere else.
ski holidays
stab, I have had 2 boards and don't remember getting anything like that. must be a Swiss thing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
stab, I have had 2 boards and don't remember getting anything like that.

but you didn't buy them from me did you.
snow conditions
stab, they would of been covered with boobs and gold instead of PINK if i had Shocked
snow report
Got a reply from Rome in typical American style - but confirms many of the comments above:

Marcus,

Sorry mate, as it sounds like you have been told utter Bull ****

We had a problem with last years Solution and Crail's with the top sheet peeling and chipping and I can tell you that it was no more than 9% of the boards and it was purely cosmetic with no affect on the boards performance, all the boards have been warranted and often we up graded the riders to better boards for there inconvenience.

TSA did not buy the Solution because the buyer did not like the graphics.

Now, I can reassure you on the problem has been addressed and you can have 100% peace of mind if you want to purchase this years Solution and with a two year warranty you are well covered.

I hope this helps and I hope that you tell your friends as this will help to stamp out the bull.

So there we are - I am just passing this on so others can see the same as requested.
snow report
croskemj, quick response too ! now all you have to do is buy the board of your dreams snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy