Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads at the British Ski & Board Show 08 at the NEC this weekend - UPDATED

Poster: A snowHead
I'm coming Friday afternoon with hubby in tow! We have to be in Birmingham Sat morning, so managed to book the Corley Days Inn on the M6 for £29! Couldn't believe that rate!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If i don't get too hammered on Saturday night with Foxy & Nells, I might wander up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it really only £5 to get in tomorrow? But £8 to park! I'll never understand the NEC...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, i will be about from twelve on friday , so will call in for a while to do my bit if needed snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman wrote:
If i don't get too hammered on Saturday night with Foxy & Nells, I might wander up.

No chance then wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Will hopefully be there on Saturday if the trains run ok. Will drop by the stand and could help out for a while if you need anyone. Hoping to get there about 10ish I think. Don't think I've actually ever met any snowheads yet in real life so looking forward to it snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, buy your ticket online (it lets you print it out) and you get in for £4 and park for £7.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle, I'm popping in on Saturday. I don't know how long I'll be there but am looking forward to meeting some new-to-me snowHead 's and seeing some familiar faces. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guvnor, you can try asking me if I am Frosty the Snowman if you like.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle, admin, ahh, thanks, just that I'm in process of buying a pair from them
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia wrote:
Is it really only £5 to get in tomorrow? But £8 to park! I'll never understand the NEC...

Entrance price is set by the show organisers.

Parking price is set by the NEC.

Unless there are lots of you, it's cheaper to park down the line towards Coventry or Birmingham and catch the train.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Greetings all, I'm sipping a beer on the DogTag stand. Happpy days snowHead
Great afternoon helping Graham, ElizabethB, and WindyMiller talk innocent and suspicious people into registering for the free site and getting in on the lovely prizes that were donated. In the main everyone seems to think I'm trying to sell them something!
The event is well worth a visit if you can. CEM adn SypderJon are working their magic and giving lectures throughout the day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a great day out at the show! It was good to see Graham, Elizabeth B, and WindyMiller on the Snowheads stand Smile . CEM and Spyderjon seemed to getting plenty of interest both on their shared stand and during the expert public presentations which they gave.

Nice to meet for the first time BMF_Skier, Megamum and the delightful and well behaved Minimums! Very Happy

We were even allowed to use the "Ski Club Lounge" for a period for a Snowheads get - together, where I made the acquaintance of geepee and priceyboy and had a chat with flowa.

I also saw Kramer before I had to leave - altogether an excellent day out meeting friends old and new. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 2-11-08 0:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Minimums and I got in around 21:00 after a drive home through rain that left driving ranging from Bl@@dy awful, to downright dangerously attrocious!!

Had an interesting day with BMF_Skier it was nice to meet aquaintences both new and of longer standing:

Admin, Elizabeth B, CEM, geepee, priceyboy, Kramer, and Alastair Pink (thank you for kind comments about the Minimums - I will let them know that you thought well of them, it never does any harm to do so I think), and lovely to see flowa again (I never will forget that somewhat eventful trek through the Paris underground - I think I'd still have been there without her). WindyMiller I think we might have missed you during the day Sad Maybe another time Smile

The Minimums got two goes on the small dry ski slope - I think the successive walking up the slope on their edges went some way towards knackering them on the journey home, they also enjoyed the ski jumping and apparently one of the highlights of their day was meeting the Snowheads that mummy knows Toofy Grin Toofy Grin snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice to see a few of you guys there today. I have not been on here for a while and did not pick up that Snowheads had a stand. It was a nice surprise when I got there and met up with some old and new faces!!!
snow conditions
We had a good afternoon there on Friday - Admin & Windriver doing sterling stuff on the stand.

Mr Butterfly is still not converted to skiing even though Admin had a good go by saying "You've never skied - oh you poor thing!"

Interesting though - we spoke to the bloke representing Stowe, Vermont (a native, born and bred in the town there) and Mr B is keen to go on a winter hol there as he likes the USA, has never been to that area, and we could combine it with a stopover in New York where we have never been before - there is hope still!!!
ski holidays
Butterfly, Are either of you Sound of Music fans? Toofy Grin If so, you can tell Mr Butterfly that if you go to Stowe you can visit the Von Trapp Family Lodge! Madeye-Smiley

Also in Vermont you'll be able to try the locally produced Maple Syrup at Breakfast, and if you have a car, you can visit Waterville for the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory Tour!
latest report
It was good to see everyone that was at the show on Saturday. snowHead
Ski lounge access was a great idea, thank you Admin. An oasis in the usual mayhem. Very Happy

Junior minimum had a 'long' talk with the some of the Big Air Freestyle team, comparing swiss holiday and ski-ing experience apparently! Although somethings may have been lost in the child\ adult \ French\ German\ English translations ... well done to them for taking the time to chat ! Very Happy
Alastair Pink your official rating of the minimums as 'well behaved' Shocked may well mean they will be at other Snowheads events. What have you unleashed ? wink
latest report
Alastair Pink, oh that looks interesting - must say I had thought it was just a gimmicky "theme" hotel! And Mr B is anybody's for ice cream.......! 2010 could see us off to Stowe!
snow conditions
I had a good day yesterday, trying to recruit new snowHeads and catching up with "old" ones snowHead
ski holidays
It was good to meet Michelle today, when we popped into the Snowheads stand briefly to say hello. Wish I could have helped, but I have to teach a spinning class in the mornings, so we only had a little time at the show ourselves.

Got a good bargain on a Spyder jacket 'though.
snow conditions
Seemed more busy that last year but not as many ski's on sale.

Had a good time with good company Smile

See you all next year Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy