Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
romeowner, definitely impressive, and it's made the higher skiing abuve Pass Thurn much more accessible and improved the skiing enormously (although the Zweitausender doesn't help).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richmond, I'm fine with their being an old double on Zweitausender. It is more of an advanced area with some cool off piste terrain (the bowl that takes a traverse to get to at the top of the chair, the tree skiing to the left of the chair, the huge bowl under the bottom of the chair, etc) that doesn't get skied often because it is a less demanded chair and it brings some oldness back into the area, which I like to see instead of only modern lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiking4 wrote:
...... and it brings some oldness back into the area, which I like to see instead of only modern lifts.

Remarkable! The 14 year old is an old fart in disguise. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richmond, we didn't make it as far as Pass Thurn as we had our little one in creche and didn't want to risk being late back, instead we took route 24 down to Jochberg which was pretty impressive although a little sketchy at the bottom now but still worth it, then a short taxi ride to the base of the two man had some lunch then then made our way to the 3s and back over Pengelstien all in all very good, bit gutted we didn't make Pass Thurn we heard it was in great shape...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiking4 wrote:
richmond, I'm fine with their being an old double on Zweitausender. It is more of an advanced area with some cool off piste terrain (the bowl that takes a traverse to get to at the top of the chair, the tree skiing to the left of the chair, the huge bowl under the bottom of the chair, etc) that doesn't get skied often because it is a less demanded chair and it brings some oldness back into the area, which I like to see instead of only modern lifts.

Yes, but it makes getting over to the (non advanced area) skiing above Pass Thurn a pain (although less of a pain than it was before the 3S bahn). Perhaps what's needed is an extra chair feeding into the Pass Thurn skiing at a different point, and keep the Zweitausender as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ccl, I prefer a bit of the old stuff.

One of my favorite mountains is a small hill, Catamount, located on the border of NY and MA, which is serviced by a bunch of slow doubles and one triple and quad. With the low capacity, you'll find fewer people coming down the mountain on Christmas then the people skiing down all the trails that end in "bear" at Stratton (which is A LOT of people, on 3 or 4 runs?) or on the Deer Run at Mount Snow (wow, never seen so many people on a trail at once).

And plus, when you have slower chairs, that means lower capacity = less skiers skiing down = less people having skied the off piste = MORE POW! While the mountain was mostly tracked out, I was finding NEARLY fresh lines at the top of Zweitsaunder just beside the piste due to people not wanting to ski the old chair and the low capacity.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skiking4 wrote:
ccl, I prefer a bit of the old stuff.

You may be a mean skier, but you're just a softie at heart Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Kitzbuhel in January and what a difference 7 years can make, I thought I knew more about this resort than I actually did! I didn't get to Pass Thurn but I did get above Jochberg and found a desert of snow whilst on a chairlift, beautiful! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy