Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ladies midfat ski for me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK so I am after a supplemental pair for skis for those off piste moments and on piste dump days.

We live in Calgary and skied a lot last winter - all on my One-luvs which I like but they are 06/07 and hence are 68mm waist.

I am fairly short 5 ft 3 3/4 inches and my One luvs are 153s, this is as long as I would want that particular ski for me. Don't know what I weigh, my gues is around 10st.

So what model and what length?

Like the look of the Rossingnol voodoo SC80s, these come in 155 and 165. I realise you go longer as you go fatter , but is 165 no going a bit long for me, but 155 not going long enough?

Gryphea
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS

The other options are a previosu years model rossignol B&*W or B83W or K2 Lotta luvs
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scott Punishers seem a good place to start...get something in the 160 plus range
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife has the new Scott Sheela in a 172 and loves them (also available in a 162) - They are a womens version of the Scott Punisher and at £299 are brilliant value. At first my wife was worried that the 172 would be too long but as the ski is a twin tip it skied more like a 168. The 162 would obviously be the same skiing at around 158.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marky, Spot on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gryphea, How about the rest of the K2 range - ie the Tough Luv which is supposed to be the off-piste but not powder ski. I generally ski on either :otta Luvs or Phat Luvs and will be buying the Tough Luv if I can afford it this season. I used to ski on Volkls but now their range doesn't suit me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys - am looking into all the options. Like the look of the Scotts and am trying to find a pair to go and look at!!!!

Are you all saying that I should really have something of the order 160-165?

Skis are actually pretty expensive over here - Its really strange.

Gryphea
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
look at Scott Maya - i have them - they are greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, tight turning circle and all mountain
but I tested the movement spicy at MK other day - lovely - very impressed.

for something pow pow - try rossingnol scratch bc for girlies - it is a powder twin tip - but not a great big plank.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy