Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles for a sweaty beast

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Firstly, what a wicked resource - really chuffed to have found it. Secondly, can somebody please help me make my mind up? I'm possibly the sweatiest man in Britain and last year my very cheap googles steamed up all the time....Unfortunately, there is no way around the fact that I will get a bit hot whilst riding. I'm considering buying either a pair of oakleys, dragons or adidas robin's as I've heard these will remain relatively fog free...But which ones?

Look forward to hearing from other sweat monsters...Happy New Year!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sweaty, welcome to snowheads, you can now get goggles with little demisting fans in them - for the ultimate fog-free experience.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also worth considering are the more expensive of the Bolle range, however the most effective thing is to not keep your goggles on your forehead when not in use, keep them in a pouch to protect the lenses when not in use
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome, sweaty!
One thing to do is: don't take them off your eyes. Some people lift their goggles up on their head, or pull them down to their chin when on a lift, or chatting. DON'T - that's when moisture gets back on your face, and on the inside of the goggles. You could also try a little talcum powder on your forehead (and on the soft bits of the goggles where they are in contact with your face. And in the evenings, take them out of any bag/pocket and leave them to dry in your room - just set them on a table. (also dry out their bag, if you take it up the slopes with you)

I've used Oakleys, and am very pleased with them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sweaty, here's a link:-

http://www.technical-gear.com/goggles/smith_goggles/snow_goggles/knowledge_turbocam.htm

But as the others say, good goggle admin will stop most from misting up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I also had this problem a while ago skiing X-country. It seems to be a physical thing - the car windscreen gets steamed up too - even when i'm alone in the car! So this year for my first d/h ski trip I was a bit apprehensive abou the fogging question. But as it happened my relatively cheap Decathlon goggles (Eur 68, IIRC) worked perfectly. A pity as I'd been looking for an excuse to buy some Oakley glasses...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sweaty,

Welcome to snowHeads. From one sweaty to another (so hot I never wear a hat), just follow Foxy's advice. I use Oakley A frames (their Wisdoms are a bit too big for me). They tend to fog slightly at the top of the lens for the 30 secs to minute on a lift & then just slowly clear once a bit of air gets through the vents. Excellent optical quality too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as above, keeping them on your eyes is the best policy. as for choice of make - I have 2 pairs of Adidas and think that they are fantastic: great lenses and no problems with fogging (and I get hot).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy