Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The SKIING goals thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have a trip down memory lane on Sous Pylons and Emile Allais at 3V's, ski in Scotland again, land a 360 (a little one would do, I usually do a 270...), ski off something bigger than 2.5m high and not need to change my trousers afterwards, do my calf stretches more often.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great thread!

Last Season's Progress:
- Not afraid of any reds or conditions (or vast majority at least)
- A LOT better on tracks (which I have an irrational dislike/fear of)
- Getting much faster and can keep up with himself sometimes even when he's trying to shake me (the git)

Next Season's Goals
- Major panic stations for Christmas Trip to Cervinia: fitness out the window, weight on in spades due to serious exams coming up in November. Will be happy to get fit(ish) and get into ski clothes and be able to do proper day's skiing and not be knackered after five minutes or injured. Any and all suggestions on how to get sk-fit in 4 weeks would be mucho appreciated.

- Hopefully be ok to get more confidence on some blacks

- Survive recession with job intact at least until after ski season, so that I can:
a) Afford to pay for second trip booked for Sella Ronda and Romania
b) Ski Sella Ronda, Hidden Valley and all things touristy there and a few Romanian resorts
c) Hopefully, fingers crossed, get going on next EOSB
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cunners, iirc there is an Emile Allais piste in La Plagne (starts red and ends black or the other way round?), is there another one in the 3V? Genuine question, I once met Emile Allais in the Gers bowl at Flaine Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yoda, see here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Didn't have any real goals last season. This season I'd like to:

1. Get more confident on large jumps
  2. Stop falling off rails cause it hurts Sad
  3. Get fitter
  4. Improve at bumps, but see #3 because they absolutely knack my legs and improvement won't happen until that stops
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Break my top speed again. Twisted Evil

And I'll be seriously happy if I can fit 4 weeks in. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, thanks - I must have passed that on my way to the Grand Couloir (the only one of those I have skied so far). So many to do, so few years left...... Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1. Help MrsFE to get back to being the confident red-piste skier she was before last season
2. Achieve some measure of control to safely head down the fall line on bumps/ice/crud/general black gradients - less of the traversing, please
3. Ride switch comfortably and start hitting small kickers
4. Spend some time in powder under the watchful eye of an instructor - last season I only left the piste for eight seconds, which ended up with me wiped out in two feet of pow.
5. Find some way to pay for the trip and some new gear without resort to plastic Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle - them's the ones. I had great fun on them when I was 15 years younger and several stone lighter, a really memorable set of runs.

The "I'm now old fat and rubbish" trip report will be posted in due course.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To complete my first perfect 360 jump without stumbling.

Snowboard for at least 3 days in a row without running back to ski's when bum and wrists hurt !!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Jo225 wrote:
If it's the piste I'm thinking of (coming down from Col de la Chambre) it's called Marielle on my piste map Puzzled although the name 'Goitschel' does ring a bell...

Marielle and Christine Goitschel are sisters, both were skiing gold medalists for France in the olympics. I think they both have pistes named after them in VT.

... and yes, I agree, it's a pretty reddish black.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This year's goal= same as last year's: Try to avoid the bl*&%dy trees!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JulesB wrote:
This year's goal= same as last year's: Try to avoid the bl*&%dy trees!

They weren't bloody when you started Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy