Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repairing chips on the *top* of the ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't you just love baggage handlers at airports? Just checked my Rossi' B2s and found a 3 inch/7cm chip along the *top* edge of the ski, just forward of the front binding. Can see some of the construction layers of the ski now. Swines!

Lesson learnt, the skis get wrapped in bubble wrap in the ski bag or I get a hard case in future.

Is it worth repairing - and how? OK, its probably just cosmetic. But I imagine that a chip is a weak point, and I dont want to see it grow any bigger when it gets more rough handling on the next trip.

all ideas welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TJ, wrap the skis in your ski trousers, socks, etc, or use a box. The kind of damage you're talking about more frequently comes from swinging your legs on a chair lift.
Best solution is firstly, make sure the area is completely dry, then fill the hole with Araldite, or similar epoxy glue. Don't go for a rapid dry one, but do get one that consists of glue & hardener. Then apply the glue to the hole, smooth it down level with the rest of the ski, and leave it to dry for a day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
During a fall took a big chuck out of the top of my Bandit XX's (now B2) and could also see the construction layers. Just covered it up with glue as Fox says, 2 seasons later the ski is still OK.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fox, DB
cheers for the advice. Good to know it's fixable. I'll do the repair when i wax the skis.
now - how do i stop being a bandy-legged burk who chips his skis on every chairlift rolling eyes Razz
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, I would be careful with wrapping ski trousers around your skis unless you need some extra ventilation down there - skis often have very sharp edges. Shock Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TJon, if there's a footrest, use it, otherwisetry to keep your legs still
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buy a snowboard
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque is right, buy a snowboard, and slide your skis up and down it. that way it doesn't matter if you take chunks out, it will only be used to sit in the middle of the piste...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy