Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You know how it is...

Poster: A snowHead
DB, that's the same outfit. The Rodeo one was almost as good: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsgimblett/484045141/in/photostream/ What sort of moron goes skiing in just a T-shirt, I ask you. Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB, LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, top quality snaps
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler wrote:
over £300 to spend on the Beetle to pass the MOT

you have a beetle? I had one for 8 years before I crashed it, bought a spare to transfer the good bits over (lowered front beam and engine etc) but sadly I had to give them both away when I moved to switzerland Sad Was a bug jam/beetle bash fiend back in the day.

Back on topic, I just went to Bern, found a shop selling all this seasons burton clothing samples at crazy prices, got some nice franchise trousers http://www.burton.com/Gear/Default.aspx#/gear/productdetail/mens/pants/mens-burton-pants/10731/210081234/ for 100 quid. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, Kruisler i had a beetle too... saddest day when I had to sell it Sad Had a blast at a couple of bug jams too... those were the days [start]wistful sigh[/end]
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, DebbiDoesSnow,

We have a 1974 beetle..It's my wife's daily driver so it's suffering..quite a bit of welding required to pass the M.O.T and realistically a lot more needed soon....
We also have 1978 Type 2 Campervan...Extremly good nick, hardly any rust, and new engine since the summer (that was a very painful one for the wallet..)
Sadly, we can't afford to spend all the money required to keep both in perfect nick so the beetle will probably be phased out soon...too expensive too maintain...I think my wife will actually cry when this happens!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ooh ooh can i join in.

cal look 67, lowered, dechromed, one piece windows, standard wheels. 155 bhp (dynoed at rear wheels) hand built 2000cc engine based around standard case (reamed out to allow for) Pauter Machinetrue long throw crank, 8 doweled to a 1700lb race clutch and 12lb flywheel. matched Pauter conrods. all dynamically balanced to 10k. big pistons, barrels, high flow big valve heads, S&S headers exhaust, twin non progressive twin-choke webber 44IDF carbs. and more.

i loved that car - faster to 80 than a golf gti, or astra gte (if you could stop it spinning), but an average 8 to the gallon made it a bit of a finacial burden Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rogg,

you win! Toofy Grin Laughing
Standard everything for us...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, It's all very well trying to change the subject... but we still want to see those pics.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back on topic....
I have been trying to think of a way of getting a new board without my OH, who refuses to understand why I need a jib board as well as my new-this-season all-mountain stick, finding out that I've spent a few hundred quid on a new one.

The solution I have come up with is to fabricate winning a competition.
It couldn't be simpler:
- Send an email to my work account telling me that I have been lucky enough to win the competition I entered for a new board, bindings and possibly board bag (If you're going to lie, might as well be a big one!) from XXXX boarding shop.
- Make it look official with a couple of strategically pasted pics of said products.
- Forward the email from my work account to her email account saying something along the lines of "Oh my god, I don't believe it! I never win anything! etc..." Making sure to change the "From" address of the original email to competitions@xxxxboardingshop.co.uk (or something believable).
- Leave it a day or so, occasionally going on about how chuffed I am about winning the comp.
- Procure said items. For authenticity, actually buy them from the shop I pretended to win them from.
- Get the gear delivered to me at work so that inconvenient things like receipts don't fall into the wrong hands.
- Don't let her see my bank balance for a few months.
What could possibly go wrong? Very Happy

Kruisler, perhaps you could adopt the same approach with the jacket - if you haven't confessed yet that is?

DISCLAIMER
****** Just in case my OH ever sees this. I would like to state that of course I would never actually do this. If I have been fortunate enough to win a load of boarding gear recently then this is purely coincidental. wink *****
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ronaldothefrog,

Laughing

Well after all the fuss above, I decided the jacket was too big. Embarassed
I had convinced myself on the day that it was the right size but after trying it on a couple more times (discreetly.. Toofy Grin ) I decided it was too big and medium was indeed the right size, not large...So I brought it back after sneaking it back out of the house and got a refund since they did not have my size. Shame since at £99 instead of £350 it was a real bargain..

So back to the drawing board...I have ordered a "cheapo from Tchibo" (ha ha..I'm so funny..). Hopefully it will be OK and that opens a budget for some new eyewear.....

We're trying to move as well so got to really watch the "black" budget...

For the jacket I'll go with DebbiDoesSnow's suggestion and say a colleague wanted rid and I payed next to nothing...For the gloves, goggles (and possibly bindings), she'll never spot it so no worries there.. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Kruisler, ok option 3 ..... take all the labels off, say its your mates & you traded it for a xxxxxxx as it was too big/small for him wink

Worked like a dream! Twisted Evil Embarassed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, excellent news ! any more devious plans you need help with ? Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow,

Well, I have a weblink to some Anon Helix goggles to match the jacket and a credit card that begs to be used! Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Phew, no one noticed my admission above

You mean this one. NehNeh
snow conditions
Kruisler, I would buy the goggles, hide 'em and then whilst on your trip text the missus saying "bummer - the goggles snapped in a wipe out, had to buy some new ones" - sorted !
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,
now that is uncanny!
Shocked
cos' that's been my plan all along! Laughing
snow conditions
I just went to TK Maxx and did the same. Bought an Orage jacket for £99.

Felt guilty at start but that feeling is GONE! Love my jacket, think it was a real bargain.

Have 4 different jackets now, love them all, use them all. Money well spent.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy