Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most difficult graded run

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nickski, said many not all but I haven't skied enough in Europe to comment really. What I can say is that a Black in Kicking Horse would most definitely be a double black in Louise/Sunshine.. as a general rule.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
arv, no criticism of you intended.

Steepest thing I haven't skied is Corbet's because it looked like a guaranteed fall to me. The first 15 to 20 feet was an incline with an exposed rock. You get lots (relative) of people saying yeah I've skied Corbet's, shute X etc. but when I was in Jackson for ten days I saw two people try it and both fell. There are a lot of good skiers at Jackson, all the mtn men with their knarly bears and duct tape gear and only two people tried it . . .

Similar with KH and if anything even better skiers. I was talking to a French Canadian guy on Stairway to Heaven lift, very modest bloke, in our chat mentioned that he'd stopped doing comp.s because they had got silly. I skied down the left he went tramping off to the right. Came back just in time to see him virtually straight line the bowl to the right. The lifties thought he was mad. Not what he was skiing, just to be doing it on his own.

Anyway, the steepest thing I think I've skied was off-piste at the eosb with Philipe the guide and co. Went back there with Kramer, Fenland and Scarpa and it didn't seem that bad but definitely steep. The tunnel at ADH for a 'true' graded run is up there in Europe.

The steepest piste, which is another take on the question. I know it's not hard but the left of the black in Sauze from the dog leg drag lift.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nickski, I was agreeing with you! To a point of course. KH is my favourite hill.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, damn, you are right - I did mean tangent Embarassed
However I did at least look it up in the right table Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 23-10-08 22:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nickski wrote:
Quote:

But many double black diamonds are the same as European blacks,

That's a popular myth. Go to Jackson or Kicking Horse and realise you're mistake.

Well, it seemed to be so at Whistler - but perhaps the US is different
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dsoutar,

Quote:
Had a text chat with a mate of mine. He rates some of the chutes near Mt. Haig at Castle Mountain (Alberta) some of the trickiest marked runs there are. However as I have never been there I cannot comment.

Heard a lot about this place and was *that* close to going in March but a bit of a trek from Fernie. Seen some pics and it looks bl*ody steep.

Double diamonds in Fernie were consistently steeper than any European blacks I've been on...not necessarily any harder tho when constantly covered in knee-deep fluff Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Now we're starting to compare trail ratings on a mountain to another mountain... like always!

I personally still think the Palisades are the steepest. No one ever said anything about length.........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nickski wrote:
Quote:

But many double black diamonds are the same as European blacks,

That's a popular myth. Go to Jackson or Kicking Horse and realise you're mistake.

Of course it isn't a myth, and he made no mistake.

Perhaps you missed the 2nd word in what you quoted?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy