Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big Freeze ski jump revealed today in London

Poster: A snowHead
London Freeze ramp
A 30m high ski jump, with 500 tonnes of real snow, was revealed at Battersea Power Station today in readiness for the London Big Freeze snowsports event that starts tomorrow. ...Source: http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/news/article/1157156002114?packedargs=suffix%3DArticleController
More info: http://www.londonfreeze.com/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does anyone know when it will be shown on tv?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
freestyleandy wrote:
Does anyone know when it will be shown on tv?

it's on teh internetz
http://onboardsnowboarding.com/news/category/events_news/watch-lg-freeze-live-on-onboard-23-26-october/ob5128/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can see it from my office window.. at 5pm now its getting dark and the slope is all lit up! I just want to go see...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Reports suggest they ripped of a load of punters at £30 a pop Friday night by scheduling the ski contest to start at 7pm then actually running it earlier in the afternoon - Mickey Mouse?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Driving past Battersea Dogs Home late last night, we spotted the slope on the right. Bizarre.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
Reports suggest they ripped of a load of punters at £30 a pop Friday night by scheduling the ski contest to start at 7pm then actually running it earlier in the afternoon - Mickey Mouse?

I concur, thought Friday was absolutely rubbish, the skiing competition was completely indecipherable to anybody but the judges, and did anybody even see Tanner Hall. I didn't!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buckers, Don't knock it just yet. These things take a massive amount of organisation and at least a few years to get right. Freestyle.ch was once in a similar state and is now one of the worlds best and important events. The two are linked and will soon make up a 'Tour' series. Should be awesome.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
buckers, Don't knock it just yet. These things take a massive amount of organisation and at least a few years to get right. Freestyle.ch was once in a similar state and is now one of the worlds best and important events. The two are linked and will soon make up a 'Tour' series. Should be awesome.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I am happy to have payed the £30 ticket price, in the hope that next year will be better, and will probably continue to go no matter what.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
buckers wrote:
fatbob wrote:

I concur, thought Friday was absolutely rubbish, the skiing competition was completely indecipherable to anybody but the judges, and did anybody even see Tanner Hall. I didn't!

TANNER HALL IS DEAD!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno,?????
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ok... maybe he isn't dead
he just gets achy ankles when the air is damp
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I *heard* Tanner was in the 'judging suite'. I can confirm that Jon Olson was there, to be fair I almost forgot as I was rather star struck by meeting his amazing girlfriend. OMG.

To be fair, the mess up over the skiing was a product of the massive disorganisation of the whole event. Which, I hasten to add, was a snowboarding event and therefore the event organisers were all likely to be stoned Wink I think the disorganisation was compounded by the fact that neither Tanner or Jon could ski due to injury.

They managed to almost completely ignore the schedule for the afternoon. The original idea was to have a UK heat and final followed by an "International Comp" with the winner / top skiers from the UK final taking on Jon, Tanner, T.J. et al. Only there wouldn't have been enough skiers to make the second part of the event worthwhile, so it was all in together... a few heats to sort the finals out and then on to what was a pretty impressive finale with some really great skiing from everyone including the Brits.

I feel sorry for those who turned up later to watch the finals as the whole thing was over by 19.30. The vibe I was getting was that bands (inc Reverend and the Makers!) were deemed more important than the skiers. Bloody snowboarders.

In all I thought it was a really good event, it made the London Ride on Saturday at the Ski Show rather disappointing, despite the amazing skiers that were taking part in the Ride.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, didn't you hear? Tanner has been dead for years. Twisted Evil

OMG Tanner's dead?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, Tanner's dead baby, Tanner's dead. Long live PK!!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, PK rocked, so pleased he beat Mr Dumont.
snow conditions
parlor, I thought the London Ride was far better, having a far better view of the riders from upstairs in the Gallery was much better. But yes this was beyond the Freeze's control
ski holidays
buckers, carpet Vs snow? 10ft kicker Vs 10m kicker? Hunder, Dumont, West et al? Freeze, however shambolic was awesome, the Ride was very professional but still looked like they were doing it in my front room.
ski holidays
parlor, fine you win, it was better. But was still bloody cold.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy