Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need some advice here guys K2 Turbo Dream

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Can you give me some advice.
I have been given a new 2009 K2 turbo Dream Rocker 159,exchanged for a convex Darkstar i had.
I have passed my all my levels at snozone,but will this board be too advanced for me to ride.

I need to get my bottle back after a bad time with the Darkstar being convex so i dont want to knock my confidence any more with a new board i cant ride.
My confidence is already shattered and a need to get it back again.

I was doing so well,then got the Darkstar and had 2 bad falls:oops: ,bit of whiplash and shoulder joints have taken 7 weeks to heal.

Help me out here with some advice if you can guys please

Drew.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sympathies! I had no idea how complex shoulders were until a car dragged me down the road on it, and I had to have it screwed (yes! Crying or Very sad ) back together.

Sounds like you weren't controlling your speed - this was on the indoor slope, yes?

Rocker boards are supposed to be easy to ride, better for not catching edges and the Turbo Dream is supposed to be a cracking board (caveat - I've not ridden this or any other rocker board although I am for sure choosing either a banana or K2 rocker for this year). Is it too stiff for a beginner? I wouldn't think so.

Confidence - it takes a long time to get it and not much to take it away Sad

Seems to me that you need to be sure that you can control your speed, and learn to stop when you have to, not just when you're good and ready! The best solution is surely to have some 1:1 sessions with an instructor - as many as it takes. Money spent on lessons is well spent. Once you have the basics mastered, you can go at your own pace, improving little by little.

Oh, and if you haven't already done so, get to see a physio, who will be able to give you a bunch of (excruciating) exercises to keep those shoulders working!

It's a fantastic feeling when it all comes together - you'll do it! Now go get those lessons in! Smile Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy