Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The SNOWBOARDING goals thread 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
It's almost that time again Very Happy

Last years goals, what did you want to achieve, what did you achieve? this years goals, what are you going to achieve?

I failed badly last winter, work got in the way. Got a bit higher and faster but no back flips which was my main goal, and the post office rail is still untamed Sad My off piste turned into a straight line cruise missile and I got a bit more balls for jumping off small cliff things.
I have one main goal this year, jump off this - which I think is completely makeable.
The other goals are more things to do when the mountain is stormed out, the rock on the left is begging for a kicker to be put on top of it.
Besides that pass BASI L1 in november and make it 3 winters in a row serious injury free, and grow some balls for the big kickers.

Seems my goals are getting less and less and my off piste free ride/hike for half a day is getting more and more, must be getting old, turning into a powder monkey Sad

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 23-10-08 16:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last years goals:Pass CSIA 2, CSCF 1, Stick some 3's, Kicking Horse during a massive powder day. Status:Achieved

This years goals:Get on snow.. Suitable conditions would be eyeing a 25+footer but that is just speculatory, is that even a word? Go to the Horse again and launch "pride rock". Front flip.

Just noticed this was in snowBoarding... shoot me wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 22-10-08 22:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
um, skiing Puzzled

Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm keeping it simple.. my main goal is to get 2 trips in.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DebbiDoesSnow,

ooohhhh...like that! can I copy?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DebbiDoesSnow, I still cant believe that picture of you stacking it on that kicker, that would be one of my goals if I was you. NehNeh
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, OI - i will have you know i have a picture of me many feet in the air of which i landed !!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i'm with DebbiDoesSnow and Kruisler, two trips this year is my goal. one with the boys, probably high altitude france in jan and once with the OH, hoping to go to colorado for a week (or two?).

as far as the boarding goes keeping up with my kiwi buddy, finding more powder, maybe getting some air (ie more than couple of feet off the deck), but above all trying to gain some smoothness to whatever i try.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am way behind you guys as still trying to get off ground and land in one piece. And I am not talking off 25ft kickers! Got bored at work yesterday and went to dryslope. Now have some mean bruises after trying to get some jumps in! Smile No pain no gain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
croskemj, I borke a few ribs last time I attempted to jump Sad
Hopefully it won't have put me off when i go again
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Goal No1: Get 3 trips in, even if it means bread and water for the rest of the year

Goal No2: Do a big kicker - I just don't have the balls for them

Goal No3: Learn that 180 flip thing that I see people doing as they're going hell for leather. I can do it but only at about 1mph.

Goal No4: Manage to get a first lift and first tracks for once!! Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, I presume that was on snow rather than a dry slope. The latter is very unforgiving with mistakes as my behind knows today. Jumping is part of snowboarding, but like everything in life - size is everything!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thinking of having a lesson when we go in January - haven't had one for 25 years so wouldn't do any harm Laughing Goal as a result is to get down a black looking as in control/calm as I do on a red!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just realised I'm on the Snowboarding thread Shocked As a result ignore last post as I am obviously more in need of glasses than a lesson......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anniepen, Laughing
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, REALLY sad thing is I was WEARING my glasses.....
snow conditions
hoping to get 4 trips in this year
got innsbruck booked end of jan
early march maybe sierra nevada
havent booked new year so im hoping there will be some decent last minute deals,if not ill pop over to interlaken

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 23-10-08 21:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
all skiers follow the link below and keep sir stab happy wink

This one!
snow report
Since I've just started, my solitary goal is:

Top to bottom of a longish red without falling over.
ski holidays
Riding switch and a couple of little ground tricks snowHead
snow conditions
Goal 1 recover from the shoulder surgery which has woken me up at 4am today (and many mornings in the last 2 months Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ). Laax in Jan, Saas Fee in April Very Happy
Goal 2 must get comfy with more airtime....spent hours and many calories last March trying to land some 3's, without much success (a couple of efforts might have been 300's!! Embarassed )
Goal 3 ride a rainbow rail (or find one that's only a couple of feet high!!). They look so easy in the pics and so scarey in real life. Sorry. I'm a bit chicken. Embarassed I might not be brave, but I am persistant rolling eyes Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy