Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Metro ski show has gone downhill

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not sure if its because its the first day or if i'm jsut making it up but i swear its been getting steadily worse over the years. It used to be loads of ski shops exhibiting all the latest kit and now it just seems to be full of people trying to sell holidays or big bean bags. I don't give a crap about this sort of stuff. I want to see new kit. It seemed like the only skis shops there were S+R and ellis brgiham pretty much. Pretty disappointed with it really. the only good thing was that i won a bag on the disabled ski charity lots stand.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
el nombre, I agree that the bean bag stands seemed to be everywhere Laughing
Lots of cheap jacket and folks buying ski boots and ski's.
I tend to use the ski show to socalise Laughing Great to meet up with old and also hope have made some new friends, found that if I want to book certain weeks in chalets I would be on my own at the moment Shocked So either the credit crunch is hitting or folks are waiting to see when it snows.

Managed to chat to Nick Parks, (ski guide) Warren Smith (Instructor) and also Joanne from MountainSun and met some other snowHead and also partook of some alcoholic refresments and sausages, Very Happy
We were told that some of the empty stands were due to companies putting out at the last minute Sad
I enjoyed it and didnt spend a fortune of stuff I didnt really need although that jacket was sooooooooo nice rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ducked out of this year's show because I can remember the ski, gymnastic and fashion shows of the C and A days at Earls Court of the 1980s. The children were bored stiff when we went to Olympia last year - just as well the tickets were next to free (which probably accounts for a large proportion of the attendance).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The NEC show last year was dire as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad

Going there on saturday...not good news...
ah well, I'll just switch to day in the pub... have not done that in ages..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

C and A days at Earls Court of the 1980s.

awww, Jan Hammer blasting out on a continous loop, ski ballet demos, bought my first skis there, 210cm Dynamic 'Turbos'....them were the days (actually they were Cr*p but to a 13 year old, ooo the glamour!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am going tomorrow. Anyone else around then?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm going tomorrow, never been before, got the tickets free so why not. If it is crap then so be it, i'll watch the band and get drunk and dance Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Libertine,

I like your attitude! Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you do go and book online, put in the code "metroski" in the discount section - gives an additional £1 off.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going on Saturday. Not been since the late 80's so it'll be interesting to see how it's changed.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

awww, Jan Hammer blasting out on a continous loop, ski ballet demos, bought my first skis there, 210cm Dynamic 'Turbos'....them were the days (actually they were Cr*p but to a 13 year old, ooo the glamour!)

In my case Fischer RC4s now permanently standing in the cellar - with matching poles, which lasted two weeks, and two garish Tyrolia jumpers (his and hers) recently dumped due to filial pressure.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beequin wrote:
C and A days at Earls Court of the 1980s.

Well if you were by any chance missing C&A, there is a Tesco's stand there. In fact its probably one of the biggest after snow and rock and ellis brigham. Shows the quality of the whole thing really doesn't it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have been really looking forward to going this year as not been like others since about 1990. I hope there is some stuff there as I am scouting for a board and don't need holidays rammed down my throat!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do they really sell discounted gear there? or is it just a temporary standard shop?
Is there a good range of stuff? I mean equipment, not school holidays...
ski holidays
el nombre,

Quote:

there is a Tesco's stand there.

Are Tesco doing ski stuff then??
snow report
Linds wrote:
companies putting out

Laughing sounds like a good show wink
snow conditions
Quote:

Do they really sell discounted gear there? or is it just a temporary standard shop?
Is there a good range of stuff? I mean equipment, not school holidays...

Last year some discounted gear, but mostly tasters to get you up the road to Ken High for the expensive gear and boot fittings, etc.
Tesco http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998488/Nr.99.aspx
snow conditions
no one giving away free booze this year? last time i went 2 years ago spent most of the time going from free jagermister at fat face to free whiskey at famous grouse or similar
ski holidays
Think might head along tonight but won't need to spend much time there by the sounds of it. Might use the weak pound to have a discussion with some US resorts about what accomodation/ticket bundle discounts they can offer in order to attract me across the pond this year wink
snow report
Tesco were doing bits and bobs last year from gloves to various under garments.
snow report
I went about 4 years ago and it was then exactly like you guys saying.
Am going to Olympia this time only because the hotel in which I have stayed in Austria told me they will be there so I would go to say hello to good friends.
snow report
I'm a little more positive about this show guys. I've been twice, last year and the one before, last year was better IMO. We find it a fun family day out, sure its not bargains from start to finish but its all about snowsports with enough entertaining distractions other than retailers to make it interesting. Dry slope for the kids and a kids creche by Crystal (really well run imo), ice climbing wall, Henrys talk, ski and boarding displays, good music and tartiflette. Last year Dare2Be were selling very very cheap ski wear too. The only downside for me is peeling all the stickers off the inside of my car the next day...We will be there very early Sunday, anyone else going Sunday ?
latest report
The husband happens to be in London today/tomorrow so is going this afternoon - he's under orders not to buy anything, and if he gets off the train with a bloody beanbag, he's not getting in the car
latest report
We are going Sunday
latest report
Kruisler, Mouth, johnnyh, croskemj, fatbob, Frosty, Anniepen, and anyone else thinking of going to the Metro Ski Show (or knows someone who is), forget all the negative comments above. Went yesterday (with Linds) and had a great time.
But take care: if you are going for bargains, then forget it. If you are going for dazzling new gadgets, forget it.
But if you just want a good buzz and a chance to savour some of that Skiing Feeling, then go and Enjoy.
Really its a place to meet people, have a few beers, and be a little silly.
Bounce around on Skiers Edge. Try to stay on a bucking cow or snowboard simulator. Have a to on an inclined conveyor belt.
I didn't try to drive the landrover up the 45 degree slope, or the ice rink.
And I probably only went to two thirds of all the stalls.
I learnt lots and met lots of interesting people,
We left as the show was closing at 10pm feeling we could have spent another hour quite happily.
latest report
Was there yesterday. Worth a visit, good atmosphere and I found enough free beer Toofy Grin
snow report
here at the moment on blackberry....plenty of free beer if youknow where to ask Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you want bargainbs try NEC next friday £5 to get in ....£4 if you book in advance
latest report
Bode Swiller, CEM, go on then, tell us where......
snow report
Jonpim, Bode Swiller,

I was going to go no matter what (free tickets and trip with mate already organised) but it's good to read your comments.

I 've never been so no particular expectations and as to bargains I did not know until this morning that there were any possiblities of that... and this lunch time's purchase of a jacket at TK maxx has put paid to further silly expenses....for a couple of weeks at least! wink

Looking forward to saturday!
snow report
CEM, pm on way Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
try warren miller,be nice to the dogtag guys and you never know what you might get wink
snow conditions
CEM, Very Happy wink
ski holidays
NEC next Friday is a damn site closer to Leeds, tell me more please CEM Smile
ski holidays
we have at least one of these threads every year. has it ever been any good?

i can't understand why you'd go to the ski show rather than just go to the ellis brigham and s&r at covent garden
ski holidays
kitenski, www.globalsnowshows.co.uk
snow conditions
kitenski, swiller has it for you
ski holidays
cheers Arno, I know about that, but was interested as to why CEM thinks there will be bargains there..........
snow report
kitenski, when you charge that much for ski boots everything else looks cheap wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy