Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How baggy is too baggy?..................

Poster: A snowHead
stab wrote:
megamum, off piste

Lift pass holder for the visually impaired.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, Schuss in Boots, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I know where there's a nice orange pair going cheap

They're not that tight!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I know where there's a nice orange pair going cheap

They're not that tight!!

yes, but just think . . . on snowboarding days you will really look the part Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

on snowboarding days you will really look the part

Ah yes! I actually have a very old, but very good, pair of Helly Hansen trousers which I bought half price 10 years ago and wear for boarding. They're really baggy and are often borrowed by our tubbier visitors. I couldn't begin to get the armoured knickers under my ski pants. If I have the right kind of music on, and sag around enough, I can really feel the part on the board. But that feeling soon passes, when I'm knackered after two easy runs and the shuffle is giving me Handel!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, I am very happy for you Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, I give in, here it is on me.

It may match my carpet, but actually I think it isn't a bad match for my skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, very nice! I still envy you those nice grey, white and red Wave Magics. The blue flowers have failed to grow on me....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Have you not seen this years offering? - still blue and white, but the flowers have gone - def. still aimed at women, but almost heraldic in style this year. have a look at the Elan web site. I still don't think its as good as the grey, red and white, but it's a colossal improvement on the flowers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum wrote:
OK, I give in, here it is on me.

It may match my carpet, but actually I think it isn't a bad match for my skis.

/fires up photoshop
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, Laughing Laughing

Oooh congratulations Megamum - on everything! Very Happy Looking good there girl
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I rest my case

I shouldn't really talk, my jacket last year was Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, your friend said
Quote:

Despite protestations about not being brand orientated
That's damn big lettering you've got down your legs, in that case! Laughing Very smart nonetheless.

stab, fantastic! Wish I could do that.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, LMAO Laughing Laughing

Hurtle, yeah me too Confused
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, Genius Laughing
snow conditions
stab, brilliant! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
stab, yeah, that's damn good! a genuine Laughing

Good to see she's wearing a helmet
latest report
stab, got a sort of chinese beefeater thing going on there Toofy Grin
snow report
Congrats on the weightloss Megamum!

I had the same problem with dramatically over-sized ski gear when I lost 3 stone in weight last year, but it's a nice problem to have.

My jacket was so stupidly baggy it went on eBay, and I invested in a lovely Tsunami black and white jacket.

I'm liking the red/black combo, you look great! I'm sure no-one will post any letters in you wink
snow report
Picadilly, Very Happy
latest report
stab, Outstanding Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I wear red and black too. I like hi-vis jackets for skiing in goups in bad conditions.
latest report
Scarpa, Thank you, its not a point that is often raised, but I do feel that bright clothing comes into its own for that very reason. Out of choice I would wear black in other non-skiing situations, but somehow high-vis stuff seems the right thing to wear for sports esp. in potentially iffy conditions.
latest report
Scarpa wrote:
I wear red and black too. I like hi-vis jackets for skiing in goups in bad conditions.

those 80's fashionistas did have something right then Laughing I agree, you should be see on the mountain (says she who now owns white salopettes Embarassed )
snow report
DSC00122

Just for when it is cool again...
snow report
arv wrote:
DSC00122

Just for when it is cool again...

start snowboarding, those colors are everywhere this year.
latest report
stab, I choose not to use my ability to snowboard wink
snow conditions
*IncogSkiSno*, White sallopettes Shocked - I hope they stay Daz white for a long time for you.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, I know, it's wasn't through choice, and I bought 2 pairs just incase one pair got embarrassingly dirty Laughing But my jacket is bright :

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/10548/ppuser/333/sl/i
ski holidays
arv wrote:
stab, I choose not to use my ability to snowboard wink

Laughing that's a pretty diplomatic answer. Smile I dont blame you, snowboarding sucks.
snow conditions
*IncogSkiSno*, very nice. I love turquoise/blue/that colour it is. Is that your Salomon jacket?
snow report
*IncogSkiSno*, OK I'll stick my hands up... I have white salopettes too... and a green and white jacket Embarassed In my defense, at least the green is a pretty lurid colour Toofy Grin

And Megamum, before you ask - it is possible... they're in their fourth season now and still shiny bright... I just have to be careful with the vin chaud... Laughing I was feeling lucky, so I got a white jacket last year too (although I wear it with black salopettes so I don't become completely invisible) Cool
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, It is, and the other colour on the jacket is brown, but I thought it was charcoal in the shop (to go with my charcoal salopettes) but when i got it home I realised my mistake, grr shop lighting rolling eyes so hence having to buy white salopettes as brown wouldn't go with my bright blue and white boots (again not my choice) Very Happy

Do guys have this problem, matching their gear or do they not particularly care, I suspect the latter ? Laughing

Schuss in Boots, the worst time is spring or when temperatures have dropped and you end up sking in slush and mud, but mine are still clean.
latest report
*IncogSkiSno*, oh believe me, I'm a total ponce when it comes to my gear...although I found a cure - which was to finally get my own boots professionally sized and fitted, meaning my Nordica Speedmachine 10s are perfect for me, but are red/white/black while the rest of my gear is absolutely not Smile

Schuss in Boots, Lor used to sport an all white combo with turquoise accents, but after two seasons the pants had become a muddy brown. So now she's got an all-brown combo instead! Smile
snow report
Quote:

Do guys have this problem, matching their gear

Oi. There are plenty of women who aren't that daft either.
ski holidays
Lizzard, you were a given in the non-matching camp wink
ski holidays
Lizzard, Speaks the girl in the all red combo... Laughing
snow conditions
*IncogSkiSno*, actually I am very matching indeed at the moment, but only because everything except the snowboard happens to be black.
ski holidays
What I was pleased with is how the jacket and sallies seemed a fair match for my skis, and given that the jacket has grey detailing, on the zips for example, and so do the top coats on the skis my grey boots don't tie in too badly either Toofy Grin Am I glad I didn't blow on an orange helmet last year though Laughing Mind you I did go for orange gloves (2 pairs of!!) which I can't really wear with the new outfit and my other pair are dark blue and black (nice though, Rossignol Goretex) - I could go with those at a push I guess, but it only gives me one pair to wear unless I take my orange trimmed black Rossignols as spares. The trouble is you tend not to lose as much weight on the hands (though I have needed the strap on my watch altered)! so new gloves are less easy to justify, esp. when all the other pairs I own have only had around a weeks skiing each Embarassed
snow conditions
I had a choice of red or black for my jacket. Gothic tendencies were put aside as being too hot in the sun and looking too much like a rock if I knock myself out in off piste gullies.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy