Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't believe it...

Poster: A snowHead
...just opend my e-mails from the last week and there in the inbox is an e-mail from www.snowinfo.co.uk saying that I've just won a pair of Ride Beta LTD bindings courtesy of e-depot.co.uk - result!!! Smile

I'm thinking this is a good chance to see the difference between my beloved Flows and another very popular brand.

Might have to do the lottery too!!! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You lucky thing - good to hear someone is winning these things!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman wrote:
...just opend my e-mails from the last week and there in the inbox is an e-mail from www.snowinfo.co.uk saying that I've just won a pair of Ride Beta LTD bindings courtesy of e-depot.co.uk - result!!! Smile

did you come last? NehNeh

just joking,
is it these ones?

they look badass, even if they arent gold. How come I don't win anything? I enter loads of those things Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone used Ride bindings before? I was looking at some today at Skisurf in Colchester. All their toestraps appear to be the rubber webbing. Might be something that breaks in time?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the only parts I ever see break on ride is the ratchet straps but this happens to all bindings, and isnt helped by people leaving their bindings open overnight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab,

Well I have just learnt something there... Leaving the bindings open is bad?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, and you should lace up your boots over night too btw wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kruisler, of course it is. You ride all day with the bindings closed and they are cold (they should be, it's winter time) Then you finish riding, leave the bindings open like everyone does and dump the board somewhere, ski depot, hotel room whatever. The binding straps now go from cold to warm overnight but because they are open the straps bend the opposite way they should, well only the front binding does, the back will generally be ok. Repeat this a few days and you get a split in the strap.
I can't explain this at all, I need pictures.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab,

By open do you mean the strap simply not engaged in the ratchet (I am guilty of that..) or the strap with the ratchet actually left bent away from the other side/board(I am not guilty of that!)?

Not sure I can explain what I mean either! Laughing

rayscoops, Guilty! Embarassed Toofy Grin ... I should have know since I used to not leave my ski boots all undone..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I need to dig a board out and photograph it, I cant find anything on google.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman, congrats !! both me & the OH have Ride and are very happy with them
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, I saw your gloves for this season, the levels, but instead of the studs they now have dice, awesomezzz.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, the studs still do it for me ! They are the best gloves i've had
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good effort! And I would suggest that the best place to test them would be at the Snowdome on Friday evening.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ronaldothefrog, methinks hat is a sound idea!! Smile

stab, they're being posted ASAP so will find out then
snow conditions
Specialman, Excellent if you're going let me know.
snow conditions
ronaldothefrog, will do Smile
ski holidays
Specialman wrote:
ronaldothefrog, methinks hat is a sound idea!! Smile

stab, they're being posted ASAP so will find out then

cool, I've heard they are a shop staff only binding which might be why they gave them away. Anyway, they aren't gold NehNeh My gold ones didn't arrive with the burton delivery last week, looks like they will come 1st week of december with the rep now Sad
latest report
stab, Its cos they are waiting for the chavs to get their gold teeth knocked out so they can melt it down to slap on your bindings Twisted Evil
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, don't hate the player hate the game.
snow report
Agree entirely with racheting bindings together overnight and makes complete sense. What was the point about our boots? Are we meant to re-tie them everynight? I just leave them after use to dry, keeping the laces on the lower bits, but not fully tied up.

PS Those Ride bindings look sweet!
ski holidays
stab, got the bindings through this morning and they are the ones you foudn the image of.

They are truly mental looking and totally different to my Flows, which are very udnerstated and a bit 'trick' looking. Gonna give them a go at Tamworth soon and see what they're like. They have the cap strap thingy on them too, which is something I've never used, although I've read a fair bit about it wresking your feet...
snow conditions
Quote:

only the front binding does, the back will generally be ok.

What if you ride switch a lot? NehNeh
ski holidays
Specialman wrote:
stab, got the bindings through this morning and they are the ones you foudn the image of.

sweet, can you rotate the highbacks on them? I think you'll find them a lot different to the flows if you can move the highbacks.
snow conditions
Does anyone bother to rotate their highbacks? I can rotate them on my Rome bindings, but never tried.
ski holidays
I do, imo its really important.
snow conditions
Wouldn't know how to do that – please enlighten this FLOW-biased rider Smile
snow report
Specialman, its where the highback can move around the back of the binding
most decent bindings have it
mine are rotated but bloody stiff being carbon
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you can set the stance up how you like it, eg 18 -12 or whatever but then, because they arent flows or other crap type bindings NehNeh you can move the highbacks so they line up with the edges, gives you more pressure, legs can move better and what not.
http://community.burton.com/forums/2/37743/ShowThread.aspx
ski holidays
stab, interesting. Will have a go at this...
snow conditions
Specialman, imo it makes perfect sense, the foot angles come from the ankles, you're stuck with the leg angles god gave you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy