Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice Needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, I'm new to the forum and need some advice.

I'm currently counting down the days until I go to Banff to do a 12 week ski instructor course, and then plan to ply my trade as an instructor for a few years.

For years now I've stayed faithful to my ancient Salomons but think they've had it now and I've been handed down a pair of Stokli Stormrider XL (2005). Bearing in mind I'm 6 foot 1, 14.5 stone and a fairly accomplished skiier who will be doing A LOT of varied skiing over the next few months on my next set of skis......does anyone know much about the 2005 Stormriders, and how do you think they will suit my needs?

Apart from that, any recommendations of other skis? (preferably without an astronomical price tag - last years models maybe)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead

The 174 is a stiff-ish ski and will be about 75mm wide. It should have a very good hold on piste and be a comfortable all day ski. Off piste it will do well enough but there are better skis. You could get away with a 174 for skiing the course content, I'd guess. For really good deep snow days, hire something else.

The XL is a great ski, IMV..has GS type turns and edge hold...way way better than recent Salli fare..
I'd be tempted to take the 174 or 187 ski just to get started out there..and I am pretty sure you could sell it on...as long as it is in good nick..if need be.

It has got to be a better option than the Salomon whatever it is...IMV
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As JT said.
Lucky you. STOCKLI is a great brand which constantly gets top marks in terms of build quality and longevity.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy