Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Sole Length Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to buy my youngest some replacement skis from Sport Conrad but....they always require a sole length to fit the bindings.Not usually a problem however,at the moment she has no boots(outgrew her last pair).Short of going for a fake boot fitting,just to clock the size wink does anyone out there know what the sole length would be for her shoe size?She's 11 and takes a size UK 5(I presume that's a junior 5 Puzzled if such a thing exists)As is evident,kids shoe sizes are not my strong point wink
Help required....I'm a man rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
could be anything from 275 to 289 mm and thats just if she is a true size 5 [24/24.5 shell] one up or down form there and you could be dealing with something from 265mm-300mm

all that means it is impossibole to sort the boot to binding without the actual boot.

i would have them send the skis with the bindings unattached and pay someone to put them on over here when you have the boots
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowskisnow, PM sent with an offer you can't refuse wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, If I'm honest I sorta knew that!Problem being it looks as if we may only get a couple of weeks this coming season,which makes buying boots for her a bit of a nonsense as she will have outgrown them by next winter Sad So...the general plan was to hire in resort,which really means having bindings on..hence the 'calculated' guess on the sole length Confused Going to have to give this a bit of thought.May have to be a fake boot fit after all.Promise it won't be down your way wink

spyderjon, Sir,as before,I am in your debt wink PM immanent....well,as soon as I've had me dinner Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowskisnow wrote:
it looks as if we may only get a couple of weeks this coming season,which makes buying boots for her a bit of a nonsense as she will have outgrown them by next winter :(

This is why junior boots are so cheap.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, I did the same last year buying my daughter skis when she hadn't got boots, I guessed and got it wrong, not too much of a problem as the skis are Elans with the bindings on a plate. spyderjon, sorted them out later.

She's 12 and size 5, her boots are 286mm. Looks as if her feet may have stopped growing and they will probably fit again this year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

May have to be a fake boot fit after all.Promise it won't be down your way

Shouldn't there have been a Embarassed rather than a wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex wrote:
This is why junior boots are so cheap.

True,to a point(or should I say size)but,over a certain point,no so.My daughter is on the wrong side of the divide where cheepo kiddi boots no longer fit.I would also hazard a guess that the pricing structure may well be different on your side of the pond?Finance aside,it also seems simply wasteful to buy something that is likely to have only 2wks use...and then gather dust in the garage Confused

gsbIf that's meant as a gentle dig,perhaps I should explain... that there is no way I would waste the time of a proper boot fitter,rather I would take a trip to my local dome,have a ski,and clock the size of boot that fits my daughter.Simple....and no Embarassed wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowskisnow, But even a "fake boot fit" won't help much.

The reason for the variation given by CEM isn't down to variation in her but down to the variation in sole lengths between different brands (and even models) of boot for the same foot size.

The only way you are going to manage with her own skis but varying rented boots is if you get one of the "integrated" ski& binding sets where the binding mountings are built in to the ski, and the bindings can always be adjusted to fit a different boot (within limits, of course).

Oh and BTW, while there is a "junior" size 5, at age 11 there is no way her feet are that small. The "junior" size 5 is usually for babies/small toddlers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy