Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bansko ski world cup...??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,
i am almost about to book a week away to bansko for some boarding....i'm getting it for a good price doing it diy !!
i'm just wondering but i read about this ski world cup being on the week we are going (22nd feb-1st march) does anyone know anything about this and will it affect the slopes being closed or anything ?? just a tad worried about my week being ruined with half the resort closed off for the pro's or even queues being worse than normal maybe ?? i hope this will not be the case... Sad Mad if anyone knows anything about it i would be very interested to hear ??

this is what i was reading below....thanks in advance guys wink

http://www.balkanholidays.co.uk/bulgaria_winter_ski/w08/ski_world_cup.htm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?event_id=24710&cal_suchsector=AL

Ladies Downhill and Super G. They will be training and competing on one piste and that'll be fenced off while you are there. You'd expect the other pistes to be busier as a result but somehow that never happens and it'll probably be OK. A lot of the resort beds will be taken up by people involved with the racing so less taking up room on the other slopes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jimmyjo, welcome to snowHead . As Bode Swiller says, it should have little effect on your skiing enjoyment, other than a piste or two being closed for the competition. Good chance to watch a bit of WC skiing too (even if you only stop by for ten minutes or so, it is quite remarkable watching DH/SG).

PS. Delete the other duplicate threads, one is enough... rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suspect it'll be a great week for partying.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for that bode+skisimon.....i'll take it on board and think i shall book my trip,it makes sense now i think of it most people going there to watch it and they all need somewhere to stay so yea....looks like its bansko for next years dabble with the slopes !!! if it wont be great at least it will be cheap........

p.s. i suspect you may be right jenkins...... Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As, perhaps, the only snowHead representative in resort it will be your duty to get involved, of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oh dont be worrying about that....bells and whistles will be involved i'll make snowheads proud and put them high in the ranks of the apres masters Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jimmyjo, don't forget your Chemmy banner... www.chemmyalcott.com
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Jimmyjo

I have a chalet in Bansko and what I have heard is that there will be a couple of slopes closed, Im sure you wouldnt want to be racing down the slopes they have chosen anyway! Unless of course you are ineternational standard, I know Im quite happy to leave it to the pro's! Having said this the rest of the slopes will be open and Im sure they shouldnt be too crowded. If there is the big influx for the competition I would imagine that these people would be stood at the bottom watching anyway. There is always the lower slopes below the mid station of the gondola (which has a wicked black called 'The wall') these wont be affected at all by the competition.

Queuing wise there may be a short queue, but there is access by road to the top station of the gondola (the bottom of the competition slopes finish here)which I know that the media will be using, and I should imagine a lot of the competition traffic.

Hopes this helps your decision
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for all your advice there guys....man this site is the biz any queries seem to get solved with ease Razz
would you know of a decent place to hire gear from (snowboards and skis) also lift passes maybe where's the cheapest ?? been looking on the internet and the prices vary so much it's hard to choose who to go with Puzzled rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are few places to hire with one in my mind which comes top .Its on th right hand side in the last bilding before the gondola. They have differend packages -go for the top one if you want a good skis. If you cacan make some Bulgarian friends the first day and ask them to get you the ski pass as for bulgarians is cheaper. u can buy your ski pass on the day.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bansko is a hopeless destination at the best of times, competitions just make it worse. There's nowhere near enough skiing for the amount of accommodation they've thrown up there, nicking 10k for comps just adds to the misery.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We just booked a ski holiday to bansko with Balkan Holidays. They offer a great £164(from) last minute deals these days.

http://www.balkanholidays.co.uk/bulgaria_winter_ski/w08/late_deals.htm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If they offered me £164 to goto Bansko I'd decline. Confused
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy