Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's going where at Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Whistler with my wife for 10 days !!! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarpa wrote:
paulio wrote:
You could roast a marmot.

But would the missus join in? wink

Is it possible to unimagine something?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Clavier with the in laws and 30 others
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sainte Foy ..kids can't wait
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like Chamonix although haven't booked yet but a whole bunch of friends are going there, I met James Morland from Element Adventure last night as a Heliskiing talk in Dublin, he lives in Chamonix and says queues can be bad at busy times and the bus service is awful, am I mad going there? Also if I hire a car will I be able to park it free in town and at the lifts?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mazama in NW USA for some xc; http://www.mvsta.com/winter/. Hopefully by the time I've had 10 days of this I will be fit and lean for the Sella Ronda, especially the off-piste from the Sella massif
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laax for Christmas, prob taking my mum with us. No doubt we'll be in Flumsi at some point of Xmas and NY
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is a work day for me, so I hope it isn't raining as it has the last couple of years. I always seem to be the only one whose lessons don't get cancelled, but that at least gets me sympathy drinks bought in the bar later. Toofy Grin We tend to spread the celebrations out over the week, depending on who has which days off and who is prepared to cook. This will be the fifth Christmas I've been away from my family, and working! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
southern vermont in the US
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flaine. I like concrete Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MarjMJ, Laughing . Not a fan of concret, but I would like to go back and ski in Flaine, we learnt to ski there, so never really did it justice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are going to Montgenevre with two grown-up daughters. First time skliing at Christmas and can't wait! Monty seems to have a very good record for snow at Crimbal time, so lets hope this year lives up to it !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zakopane from 26th to 2nd Jan.
Should be interesting from the opinions I have read.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few days with the in-laws but nowhere nice Crying or Very sad Anyone want to swap?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Red Leon wrote:
A few days with the in-laws but nowhere nice Crying or Very sad Anyone want to swap?

i will sawp my inlaws, & their brothers and sisters for yours !
latest report
critch,

That, my friend, is a deal you might live to regret Shocked Be careful what you wish for... Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Nice to see that there are some Snowheads who will not be in Zermatt at Christmas.
ski holidays
Jackson Hole

but the following xmas I will probably be in the UK Sad
ski holidays
Fly to Morzine on Dec 23rd, not sure when we're coming back though!
ski holidays
Paradiski. La Plagne. Plagne Centre. Chalet Christina

Maybe see you there Mikeg36?
snow conditions
Jonpim, we were in LP 1800 last Christmas ans had a ball, our first xmas on snow and it was fantastic. We could ski everywhere LP side of VE even down to Montchavin. This year we will be in St Anton, same three families taking over a catered chalet once more. Can't wait.....
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, This is our first trip there - been on the list for a while. Any tips will be gratefully received! Perhaps should just find a resort thread.
snow report
northantsred, you were very lucky last year. The Alps had the best December snow for at least 10 years (Pistehors).
I usually avoid December (much prefer April), but this year school holidays and exam committments have prevailed.
Fingers crossed. Some say the seasons alternate: good year, bad year. I hope not.
snow report
Morzine !
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
Paradiski. La Plagne. Plagne Centre. Chalet Christina

Maybe see you there Mikeg36?

Yeah perhaps we could arrange something. We are not staying in La Plagne though, but at the hostel at Nancroix, so I suspect we'll be much more likely be on the Les Arcs side for an apres beer.

Anyone know when the timetable for the shuttle buses gets released?
ski holidays
arlberg wrote:
Nice to see that there are some Snowheads who will not be in Zermatt at Christmas.

and the ones who are there will be jargered !
snow conditions
Mikeg36, Nancroix?
I had to go and look it up. Interesting.
It seems to be a separate village from Peisey (Map), but the marketing guys have decided to pretend its all part of the Peisey-Vallandry complex (see here)

Even so, the village looks lovely.
According to chaletarc the bus runs every half hour.
(scroll down for some nice pics - they've even posted a pic of the bus stop!)

I'm sure you'll have a great time

But you wrote:
leaving Boxing Day afternoon for the Paradaski
which means you're first day is Saturday, which is our last day (we go early Sunday morning). And to get back to Plagne Center it would have to be a lunch time meet-up rather than Apres Beer. Tricky, but not impossible.
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:
which means you're first day is Saturday, which is our last day (we go early Sunday morning). And to get back to Plagne Center it would have to be a lunch time meet-up rather than Apres Beer. Tricky, but not impossible.

Yeah could be tricky as you'll be leaving the day we arrive. We haven't been here before so I suspect we'll be finding our way around the more local slopes that day. Wouldn't seem fair to expect you be over on the Les Arcs side on at a particular time your day, but if you want to suggest somewhere to meet I'll leave that to you and I'd do my best to make it - after all I could then pick your brains on the best places to go. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Mikeg / Jonpim

I'm around in paradiski at the time - in fact around all season so would be happy to meet up for a beer and a few runs. Drop me a pm

cheers

bb
snow conditions
St Anton over New Year but doubt I'll be lucky enough to have a dump every 2/3 days as the same time last year in Fernie
latest report
Flumet/NDB/Les Saiaies

If eurotunnel ever get their act together and let us book a crossing!
ski holidays
I think I'll stay at home Smile
Probably a trip to Revelstoke as well
snow report
Sharkymark wrote:
St Anton over New Year but doubt I'll be lucky enough to have a dump every 2/3 days as the same time last year in Fernie

That could be so misinterpreted Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
eng_ch wrote:
Sharkymark wrote:

That could be so misinterpreted Shocked Laughing

Try the goulash if you are having dump problems
ski holidays
Dammit...
snow report
Queensland, heard the snow record is pretty bad too
snow conditions
Val Cenis. So busy wondering where everyone else was going, forgot to list my destination!!
ski holidays
Obergurgl again but this year with 1 year old girl! could be fun!
latest report
Staying in bed with a good book or a rubbish fillum on telly probably...
ski holidays
Les Deux Alpes for Christmas & Alpe d'Huez for New Year - I feel positively greedy at going away for 2 weeks but not in the least bit guilty Very Happy (will be very broke in January though Sad )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy