Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's going where at Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Who's going where for Christmas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm staying here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the family are at ours this year. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Chevalier. First time there and looking foward to using the thermal baths.

Looking foward to it so much now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Deux Alpes for Christmas and New Year Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Christmas - my mum's house.
New Year - Zermatt Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not this year. Sad

Still, when everyone has the January blues, I shall be cruising the pristine pistes of Selva Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Courmayeur for Chrimbo and my birthday Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christmas - Zermatt for the 3rd year running and my 6th xmas away skiing. Couldn't imagine a xmas at home at the mo.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Staying at home with BOTH sides of the family in one house, for the first time in 16 years Shocked I may need therapy by Boxing Day......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm taking my dad away for Xmas... to Chamonix so I can get a few days skiing in Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Staying here is Plan A

But if there's snow and I spot a cheap deal - a ski trip may be in order
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Les Arcs for Christmas and New Year. Can't imagine being in the UK for Christmas anymore - it just wouldn't seem right! Hoping this Christmas will have conditions as good as last year's Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Hoping this Christmas will have conditions as good as last year's

Indeed. But it's improbable; last Christmas (at home in UK with mother in law) was exceptional. We'll be here this Christmas, but not counting on heaps of snow. If you go skiing at Christmas, best take some walking shoes and good books. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

If you go skiing at Christmas, best take some walking shoes and good books.

Disagree - went skiing Xmas 05 and 06 and had plenty of skiing both times - 06 was the really bad year as well
snow conditions
Boris, sorry, but two season's experience doesn't mean it's always like that. It's not always good snow at Christmas, but it's still great to be in the mountains.
latest report
I've skied at Christmas for most of the last 12-15 years. Always had enough snow to ski on, with the majority of the pistes above 1600m open. Some years were not brilliant, some were excellent, but always enough to have a full week of skiing Smile
snow report
Don't know, family arguments, I mean discussions, still in progress. rolling eyes
latest report
Family skiing in Flumserberg, can't wait....
ski holidays
I have suggested a week at christmas to my wife and teenage kids, but they remain unconvinced. Is there something that would sell it?
snow conditions
rob@rar, I agree, we have never been unable to ski at Christmas due to lack of snow.
ski holidays
Staying at home Sad

But leaving Boxing Day afternoon for the Paradaski Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Morzine.
ski holidays
Alpe d'Huez
snow report
I love the idea of doing it, but I'm scared! I like my home comforts, I like my Christmas dinner just *so*, I like Boxing Day footy and turkey sandwiches through to the 29th...

...but I haven't had a white Christmas in my lifetime, and the mountains sound *wonderful*. Is it really worth sacrificing what you know and love?

Also, how *do* you get the presents over there with you? Wink
snow report
My first ever skiing was a Christmas day morning in Austria.
ski holidays
I'm a convert to skiing at Christmas - Alp d'Huez, St Mortiz and Flims Laax for the last 3 years. Still undecided for this year. I like to wait and see who has snow - I booked St Moritz and Flims Laax the week before Chirstmas without any problems.

For selling the concept of skiing at Christmas, that should be easy for a hotel stay: no cooking! Selling it for self-catering might be more difficult...
snow report
You could roast a marmot.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FastEddie, First Christmas away last year, wouldn't look back. We had a pre-christmas family dinner with ALL the trimmings and presents the weekend before.

Having a white Christmas was as magical for us as it was for our little boy. There was such a lovely atmosphere and at 35 I would say it was one of the best I've ever had. We took a few smallish presents and I booked my husband a private lesson (no need for space or wrapping!!) Try it, if you don't like it you can stay at home next year.

hbunny, Christmas dinner on self-catering was good. We ordered a couple of rotisserie chickens from the shop (they were all open until 6). All the other food stuff was easy to get and prepared before hitting the slopes in the morning. A lovely meal and all washed down with copious amounts of plonk!!
snow report
Avago, you're definitely selling it to me!!! Might have to wait until Tommy is 4 or so and is bouncing off the walls waiting for Christmas....plus, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Lapland!
snow report
FastEddie wrote:
Avago, you're definitely selling it to me!!!

You won't regret it! We also do a pre-Christmas weekend with all the family, then get to spend the real thing in the mountains. All the frippery that normally goes with a traditional Christmas Day just seems to lose its importance when you're out there for the holiday season with the people you love Smile
snow report
Tignes snowHead
ski holidays
Samoens Very Happy
latest report
We have done Christmas away skiing it was fantastic - would do it again but family commitments don't allow this year. Soooo going to Tignes Les Brevieres out 17th December and home Christmas Eve! Freezer will be jam packed
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
FastEddie wrote:
Avago, you're definitely selling it to me!!!

You won't regret it! We also do a pre-Christmas weekend with all the family, then get to spend the real thing in the mountains. All the frippery that normally goes with a traditional Christmas Day just seems to lose its importance when you're out there for the holiday season with the people you love Smile

I couldn't agree more Very Happy
snow report
You lot are so lucky to be skiing at Christmas - I'll be stuck in zermatt with 25 mates ! snowHead
snow report
paulio wrote:
You could roast a marmot.

But would the missus join in? wink
latest report
L2A Sad Embarassed
ski holidays
Montybear with Boredsurfing, and family.

Tough life
snow report
Christmas in the Cotswolds, New Year in Valloire, hopefully snow in both locations Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy