Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Briancon or similar for a couple of days?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doing a season in Les Arcs, and need to get off the mountain for a couple of days, as am keen for my mum to fly down and spend a couple of days with me, unfortunately she is now getting a bit too old to ski, although we did try putting her on some skis when she was 69

So looking for somewhere (or even 2 places) below 1000m, not a million miles from an obvious airport (grenbole, lyon, chambery) that we could spend 2/3 days checking the place out and being tourists. Not massive culture vultures, but if there was stuff to 'go and do' that would be great.

Is there aything that fits the bill. Aaprt from a 1/2 decent footie team, does lyon itself have anything worth seeting. I will have a car so that should be ok in terms of transport.

Cheers

bb
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett,

From Les Arcs, I would have said Annecy which on a nice day should be a lovely place to visit. I don't know much else about the place as I have only passed through on a few occasions, but it always looks like a nice place to spend some time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
briancon is nice enough but there's more to see and do in Lyon, and it's much easier to get to
if you leave it until spring, the rhone valley south of Lyon starts to look very nice indeed with all the fruit trees in blossom
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, there's a fantastic Roman ampitheatre in Lyon, as well as a good museum, basilica, and gorgeous food.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Annecy, Lyon, Gevena.

Alternatively, get the train up to Paris and meet her there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would agree that Annecy is very nice - we had a lovely crisp New Year's day there, wandering along the lakeshore and then finding a nice cozy restaurant for a meal. The old town is quite picturesque.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A pity you won't be in the Dolomites - you could have visited Venice, Padua, Vicenza and all those Paladian Villas in between. And gone up some of the spectacular cable cars in the Dolomites too, of course - some of them with interesting associated remains from the first world war which raged high up in the mountains.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy