Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Time Boarders Looking for a Location for Early to Mid March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

As mentioned in the title of this thread, we are looking for a location for 4 first time boarders for early to mid march. Any Advice on where to go, the more info the better please. We would like good snow (i know not guaranteed), and good apre.

I have been told this is the forum to come to for help....

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hey grabers,
as i just said in snow reports.
Come to Serre Chevalier, you'll love it, its great for first timers the terrain will bring you on nicely. and if you are in the market for great snowboard instructors this is the resort to come to. We have Generation snow, who not only give private and group lessons but also the same coaches are the coaches for our local team. They are all pro riders as well as instrucotrs.

Any help you want in serre che, from places to stay to ski hire and insturctors, drop me a pm and i'll be more than happy to help.

Even last year at this time we had tons of snow, infact if i remember rightly we had a large dump at that time making conditions perfect.!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowangel., it's got a fair few drag lifts though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We learned in Andorra and can honestly say we have never looked back and we are now totally hooked on boarding.

Found resorts to be very learner friendly and board school was amazing. Try Granvilira.com
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My vote is for Les Deux Alpes.
Good snow, no need to use drag lifts (which is a nightmare for beginners) and there is plenty of nightlife to keep you up to the wee hours if you want to !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andorra, cheap as chips - great for learners ( never been on a drag there) and always been good snow when I've been out in March. We paid about £180 each for snow board hire, lift pass and 5 days of 5hrs of lessons a day. I love it out there. Arinsal is good for beginners, both me and my bf have learnt there. Never been to Soldeu- but I hear great things about it. I can recommend the Micolau for a chalet feel in Arinsal, the Princesa Parc is a VERY gorgeous hotel, for about the same price as a crappy chalet in France. Andorra is a tax-free place so good for buying pretty much anything
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, not any more! only one that could be a problem is the crete which gets you back to chantemerle side.

But if my disabled 6 year old can do them on ski's and a board, i think anyone can
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I learned in La Plagne.

Cheap as chips. Good selection of wide blues and a good beginners area in Plagne Centre and Plagne Bellecote. Half decent nightlife. Good snow in March.

Go last minute with the likes of www.crystalski.co.uk or www.neilson.co.uk and you'll get a week with flights and transfer for abut £150 each.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpe d'Huez.

But I want to go to Serre Chevalier because it has a nice name Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, they also have trees & snowAngels Razz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try Romania - ideal for beginners I believe and VERY cheap...about £300 for accomodation, drinks, food, boarding lessons, equipment, lift passes....can't go wrong for first timer. I'm booked to go first week in March...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jode_123, They've probably been & come back by now.... the post is from Nov 2007 wink. Enjoy your trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
grabers, We'd be very happy to helpyou in Alpe d'Huez which is a fantastic place to learn! Send me a PM if you would like any details and we always offer special discounts to Snowheads Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oooooops Smile silly me!
latest report
Come to Banff National Park... Not only do you have access to three ski areas in the park, but each mountain has a fair amount of beginner runs (most chairlifts access a green run), plus March is the best time for a visit with warmer temps and lots of fresh snow... lots of people come out to the Canadian Rockies to learn.

Our Chair lifts are easy to get on and off... I think that was the hardest part for me when I learned to ride... getting off the chair! And with heaps of terrain you'll have lots of space.

check this these guys out... they work with the 3 areas: Ski Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine Very Happy
ski holidays
We learnt in Les Deux Alpes last season. Snow was great, european ski school lessons were great. Nursery slopes have button lifts which are free so you dont need a pass on your first day if you dont mind the buttons. After that there is a nice blue to learn on just up the montain.

Returning next week to do some improving and take some more lessons! snowHead
snow report
Bansko..............

Enough mountain for a first/second week, mostly express quads, incredibly cheap board/pass/tuition rates, apres of all types (but leave the attitude at home).

There are much worse places you can spend your first week on the snow, if you ignore the prejudice..........

John.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy