Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best glasgow bootfitters please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

There is probably a topic about this already but i'd like the most up to date info!

Where do I go for the best boot-fitting service and where do I avoid?

Also, is it best to go during the week or at weekends?

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blues and the old guy with grey hair, name? He did some tweaks on my boots last year and seemed pretty clued up.

Never been terribly busy when I ihave been in. I'd avoid Ellis Brigham they were shoite.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a pair fitted by an older guy at Ellis Brigham in 2007 and they've been great. Don't think he's there anymore though and couldn't comment on the current team.

I'd try and go during the week, early to mid-morning. Likely to be much quieter, with better service as a result.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blues have been the only place to go inGlasgow since about 1994
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had 2 pairs boots from Greaves over the years and found their after sales service excellent. Think Gordon is the main man in there for skiing. Have also had boots from Nevis Sport, but can't really remember too much about the experience. My mate raves about Blues and think they do a trade in too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another recommendation for Blues. There was a helpful lady in the Glasgow branch, maybe she's still there. They will adjust and readjust ur boots until they're comfortable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got new boots yesterday at Ellis Brigham, Breahead. The fitter seemed very knowledgeable and helpful he sold me a pair of boots I had tried on at another store 2 weeks earlier that were a good fit apart from them digging in on my calf. He sugested I try the same boot again and he would tweak them to fit.... he got the boots to fit me perfectly very quickly….. with 2 adjustments to the boots… very impressed.
Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool, I plan to go next wednesday and have a noesy around all the shops. Blues sounds like a winner but I'll see what the others are like first.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I was buying my ski boots - I went to Ellis Brigham, Blues and Greaves Sport.

When I was in Blues, the woman (I think her name is Shona) was busy talking to her pal who was in the shop at the time - this totally put me off (doesn't really instill confidence).

I ended up going to Ellis Brigham - service was very good. I have had a few problems with my boots but seem to be ok now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blues are superb and Shona certainly knows her stuff. She will spend hours with you tweaking boots over as many years or months as you want.

Ellis Brigham on the other hand managed to sell me a pairt of boots and moulded the liners the wrong way round (left inner in right boot!).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowaddict, I was very happy with the service I recived yesterday from EB (I was just about the only person in the shop though so had the full attention of the bootfitter for about 90 mins)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
II, equally, I was in Blues recently for some boot work and had their full attention and had some great work done.

I have tried Greaves in the past and been point blank ignored.

Blues I have been using for about the last ten to twelve years or so. I have had work done by Colin and Graeme in the old days and more recently by Ali, Shona and Rob. This work has included lots of custom insoles (I go through a lot because I keep melting them!). I've also had about three pairs of boots foamed over the years as well as quite a few tweaks due to my funny feet.

The boots that Blues sold a couple of years ago didn't fit my foot, I needed a very low volume boot and I wanted to try and move away from having to get a foam inner every time. Blues suggested another brand of boot which unfortunetly they didn't sell, knowing my history, they were still happy to do this. But they knew their products and I searched and got them from Ellis Brigham. It was therefore a pity that Ellis Brigham let themselves down on moulding the brand new inners to my feet by putting them in the wrong boots, despite me telling them that I thought something was wrong. They said it was because my feet weren't used to the boots and that they needed stretched in the future.

I am an instructor and because of the excellent service I have had over the years, I always recommend Blues to my clients. I know a lot of them have had great service too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowaddict, where do you teach?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy