Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone been to bansko bulgaria ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey all i'm just wondering has anyone been to bansko in bulgaria.....i think myself and couple of buddies will be headed out there for a cheap week with the snow,can anyone tell me when the best time to go there is ?? we're hoping mid feb so we can get the best snow would this b a good idea or too busy ? we are quite flexible time wise (any saturday to saturday)

also any other advice you guys may have regarding this place,read a few reviews about this place some good some bad but think could be worth a shot.... Puzzled Puzzled we are all snowboarders by the way (intermediate)

thanks in advance guys.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jimmyjo, if mid february is half time I doubt the trip will be as cheap as you are hoping.. there is lots on here about people trips to Bansko, click the "Forum Search" button in the top right and try there. Don't be scared by the horror stories, there is some positive stuff in there too. Never been myself, buy some friends friends went last year and had a good time.

February 08
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jimmyjo, I have never been minded to ski in Bulgaria, might be OK for novice skiers or a mates drinking week. You can do much better if you can go somewhere Jan or Mar.
ski-finder, I clicked on your photo to find http://www.ski-finder.co.uk . There are some curious resort ratings Bansco on a par with Zermatt ! Shock Kirchdorf (terrible place) on a par with Verbier ! Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lechbob, fair comments the ratings shown come from the brochures mainly, so probably not the most accurate reflection, but that was how the site started just as a way to compare resorts without needing to flick through all the brochures. Happy to adjust accordingly, PM me your respective ratings.

Edit: The Kirchdorf ratings were clearly complete tosh... now removed!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was a little slow on not noticing your handle makes the site yours - hadn't seen it before can't knock you for effrort. I think a seperate thread would produce lots of feedback, brochures are mainly propoganda.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmyjo, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lechbob, i've seriously thought about it previously but just felt like too blatant pimping (i thought helpful stuff like photos, snow forecasts etc was helpful rather than pimping) also i've got so much I want to do with it. I agree that brochures are mainly propoganda, but as it's where most people start I thought it would help. As i've not been to all the resorts I am reliant on other people's comments, but decided against allowing people to rate the resorts themselves as it is all so subjective. Any blatant untruths do need correcting of course and am always happy to receive feedback or comments on what is still very much a hobby site.

I will create a new thread once my ski trip planner is ready for launch Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Jimmyjo, we have a chalet in Bansko and can tell you that in mid-Feb the resort will be busy due to all the kids coming out to learn to ski.
This means that the bottom lift queues are really big, but once you get up past the beginners slopes to the top of the mountain the slopes are pretty clear and the off-piste is left alone, which is great!
But if you need any more info on the resort just ask and I will give you my best unbias answer! wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
victoriac wrote:
Hi Jimmyjo, we have a chalet in Bansko and can tell you that in mid-Feb the resort will be busy due to all the kids coming out to learn to ski.
This means that the bottom lift queues are really big, but once you get up past the beginners slopes to the top of the mountain the slopes are pretty clear and the off-piste is left alone, which is great!
But if you need any more info on the resort just ask and I will give you my best unbias answer! wink

I don't agree with VicC, in my experience, when it's busy, it's packed all over the mountain. Too many apartments and not enough piste. It'll be a problem for many years to come.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy