Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens Ski Schools ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Glad to see that Pam W and Schuss in Boots have the priorities sorted lol
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just avoid Ski-Cool! they left our 9 year old alone on the mountain after loosing him near a lift! incredible!
No apology/word was offered to us when he managed to get down on his own...
and if you look at their website that is enough to tell you they're English was not great either.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there, I know this is a little late but I thought I'd just add my recent Val Thorens ski school experience.

I've just returned from 1 week with a group of friends. We used the ski school 'Ski Cool' just to try someone new, having used ESF in other resorts for the past 3 years (2 great teachers then 1 lousy). I have to say Ski Cool get a big thumbs up from me. For me, the best aspect of the school was the tiny class sizes. Myself and 2 friends were in their level class 3 - on our 1st day it was just ourselves and one other person with the teacher. The other person was a good skier but lacking in confidence so was a little on the slow side and didn't want to do reds, nevermind blacks (whilst we did). The next day she'd moved down a class and the 3 of us had the teacher to ourselves for the week of ski school! It basically felt like having a private lesson and I got far more 1:1 guidance than I've ever had in the bigger ESF classes. I felt all the more smug when I counted adult ESF and Pro Neige classes with 10 and 12 people in. My friends who were in the lower classes had a total of 4 students (class 1) and 6 students (beginners) which also seems much smaller than other ski classes I've been in/seen.

The instructor I had was Philippe - he was fantastic. A really really nice guy, friendly and encouraging in his teaching but I also felt I got a lot out of the classes and improved far more than my last week of ESF ski school. I'm not a huge fan of spending all of ski school doing nothing but technique - I like to get some skiing done too and I felt Philippe struck a good balance. We covered a large ski area, rarely covering familiar runs. I also appreciated little considerations like he came and met us by our apartment rather than us trekking over to the usual ski school meeting point and he also offered me his mittens when my gloves were just not doing much in the -15 cold! Oh and his English wasn't 100% perfect but I never expect it to be. It was fine for teaching and chatting!

Helen
snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two of our group booked with Prosneige last year after recommendations from fellow snow heads. One was a boarder and one a skier and both had bad experiences! The boarder turned up for his first lesson bang on 10am to find the group had gone. There was also a 9 year old lad waiting for the same lesson. Another instructor told them to wait where they were and the group would be back in 20 mins to pick them up. They never showed and my friend had to look after the lad as he didn't feel he could just go and leave him . Not sure where the parents were. Luckily he caught up with the group the next day and everything was Ok from then on. My skier friend, who is timid and nervous was constantly shouted at by the instructor for being too slow. The class then started to join in and she was very upset by the end of it. Don't think she went back for another lesson.
I don't suppose any school is perfect 100% of the time
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMF_Skier wrote:
Booking with Prosneige has been made for the Dec trip Very Happy
Depending upon how that works out the kids will have Prosneige in April.

Other than a bit of a misunderstanding about where to meet, we found the Dec 08 instruction provided by Prosneige very good. It was a private lesson (for 2) and lots of good tips were picked up. The kids are booked in with them for April, hope that they receive the same quality. We will, of course, update this with our opinions after that week experience.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just returned from a week in VT , had private lessons ( 4 of us together) with Alain from Prosneige , have to say the instruction was excellent and all arranegements went as planned. Alain was very funny and we thoroughly enjoyed our lessons and impoved our skiing skills too! Would reccomend Prosneige and particularly Alain
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy