Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Inga, Grindelwald tourism employees must of had too much sun on there brains as the freezing level is 2700m Laughing

I suggest you push the boat out and venture to Murren for one day next season,you wont regret it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK. will do!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inga, That's a neat trick with blue skies and high temps ! I think they probably mean 10 cm's of water snowHead Chris Brookes, is quite correct take a trip to Murren and the Schilthorn especially if you plan to have 2 weeks in the area
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Inga - yes agree that you should ideally have 2 days in the Murren area ( best snow ) 3 days in the Wengen/Grindelwald area ( lots of variety ) and only 1 day in First as there is not much there compared with the other two and is also prone to sun in the afternoon so not much fun at lower levels if you go very late like April.

Ideally if you can time it to avoid the half term Swiss/UK school holidays and go earlier in the season then all the plus factors come together. Subject to a good dump of snow of course.

Did you take any time off to go to the Jungfraujock to view the glacier? Did'nt get around to it yet, but imagine it is very touristy experience and loss of valuable skiing time snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Inga, ps.,i would stay in Murren aswell...lol
Did you go with Inghams in the end ? and next time will you book a package or do it alone?

hibernia, if you are staying in Wengen you MUST go upto Jungfraujoch (on a clear day !!), the view is amazing and the Ice Palace is worth it alone plus other things to do up there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hibernia, I'm with Chris on that also, definately go up to Jungfraujoch on a clear day it is well worth missing most of a skiing day to do so Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, I will definitely take a trip to Murren and the Schilthorn next time

I didn't get round to going up the Jungfraujoch, even though conditions would have been perfect, but my Mum did and she was blown away by it...she's still talking about it now!!!

Chris Brookes, Chris, I went with Thomsons but I vowed that I would never go with a package deal again...i hate the feeling of being herded around on the to and from journeys...I reckon it would be quite simple to sort out alone next time.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Inga, ther Swiss public transport system is genrally so good that all you need to do is get to an entry point in Switzerland to be assured of arriving safely at your Swiss destination, I've been going out there since I was a baby and not once have we used a package holiday
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The good news by the way is that despite the warm weather there is stll snow down as far as Lauterbrunnen so late season skiers should still be able to get some decent skiing in althogh they may have to start early and stop in the early afternoon
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The thing to bear in mind about going up the Jungfraujoch...don't go up in ski boots....it makes the ice palace impossible.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[Inga, if you do go again,try it alone. We try and go twice a year to Murren,one by car and the next we fly. When we fly we always go it alone so much more flexible etc.

D G Orf, might be snow in Lauterbrunnen but when we left they had closed the runh down to Lauterbrunnen from Winteregg and by 12 it was slushy everywhere in Murren.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Chris Brookes, I'll ask you for info on travel before the next time I go
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This thread will start to slow down now until the start of the next season BUT i will always be around !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Slow down, not if I have anything to do with it ! I've had 2 emails from a friend in Wengen in the last 24 Hours Laughing That's a friend who lives there by the way Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The seasons not quite over yet!. We still could have a cold snap and excellent late season snow. But I agree looking at the Murren snow report this morning from the SC is quite deprressing reading snowHead
snow report
So what's the forecast for next week then? I need a good snowfall before April 4th
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, hmmm...looking at the long range forecast from accuweather for the next 15 days it shows high temps and a bit of rain BUT that relates to Interlaken. Hope the freezing level drop thou.

Accuweather : http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/int_8to15day_local.asp?metric=1
latest report
Yeah...the forecast for Wengen is for rain Crying or Very sad

Still, I can always go walking rolling eyes
snow conditions
As you well know there are plenty of things to do if it rains. You could visit Murren as it just might be snowing due to the height difference wink
ski holidays
We're off to Wengen tomorrow for the day...will post to say what the conditions are like snowHead
ski holidays
Sharkymark,
Quote:

We're off to Wengen tomorrow for the day

day trip ? from where ?
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, we're staying with a mate near Zürich for 4 days of skiing. Wengen was very warm and very mushy but there's still a surprising amount of snow left around Kleine Scheidegg. Andermatt tomorrow...
ski holidays
Sharkymark, thanks for the snow update wink
snow report
I just don't like it Sad the thought that the season is coming to an end Sad
snow report
I just got in from skiing round Grindelwald and Wengen, it's pretty slushy now. It's raining much below 2000m, it's snowing above but it's pretty wet stuff and the freezing level's yoyoing around a bit as well. On the up side, the car parks were pretty quiet, the poor weather must have kept everyone at home. The weather seemed to breaking back down at the valley level, and it's pretty nice here now but the webcam show's it pretty much unchanged from when I left. It might be nice tomorrow and I may go again then.
latest report
ise, thanks for the update,any pictures ?
snow conditions
Yes, but obviously the weather's not been too special

here

just trying to read the weather runes for tomorrow, whether the Bernese Oberland or the Valais looks better.
ski holidays
ise, nice one
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some more here , the weathers much nicer but the snow's about the same as yesterday. The snow that fell yesterday/overnight hasn't really altered the overall position.
latest report
Wow,looking at the picture it shows huge bare patches. Why did you not venture to Murren ?
ski holidays
just back from wengen, for the last week day temps have been 3 or 4 degrees at 2000m therefore by noon the snow was porridge. From 8.30am to 11 am there was reasonable skiing to be found.
snow report
riverman, thanks for the weather update
snow conditions
Supposedly there is still reasonable skiing in the area though the lowest runs are either closed or very close to closing, many lifts will close arround the 17th with all closing about a week later
snow conditions
Off to Wengen on saturday. Forecast is for lower temps and snow snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

Forecast is for lower temps and snow

Don't mean to be negative but the freezing level with the snow falling is at 1950m,u might have to ski in Murren instead wink
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, You so funny!!!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
Just been looking at the webcam situated at the Eiger hotel pointing down on the Murren train station and CRUMBS,no snow !!

They must be closing some of the runs by now
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
Quote:

Forecast is for lower temps and snow

Don't mean to be negative but the freezing level with the snow falling is at 1950m,u might have to ski in Murren instead wink

Strictly for mountain goats up there Chris wink I get vertigo above 1400 metres Razz
snow report
you can always do some grass skiing, telford mike wink
latest report
The Schilthorn website state skiing will be possible until the April 25th when they service the section between Murren-Birg-Schilthorn.. Still 200cm up there !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy