Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Elizabeth, I'm going on 18 and staying in Lauterbrunnen at the Staubach, didn't know whether that's where you were talking about, you can see the church and the horner from the didning room window. Anyway if your'e there the same time as me maybe we could meet up Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't booked anything yet, but if I do, it'd be great to meet up.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just booked to go out on Sun 21st...returning Sat 27th. sparrow, send me a pm with your info, and it'd be great to meet up. Any other snowHeads going to be in the area?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be there Elizabeth - going on Sat (13th), returning on 27th.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool. I'm staying at Chalet Im Rohr in Lauterbrunnen.....are you staying in Wengen? It'd be cool to meet up. What level skier are you? (or are you from the darkside?)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You lucky bunnies, more fresh snow last night (another 10cm) and it's still snowing even down in Lauterbrunnen, I'm deeply envious Mr. Green
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could always join us Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very very tempting unfortunately it's just not possible Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B wrote:
Cool. I'm staying at Chalet Im Rohr in Lauterbrunnen.....are you staying in Wengen? It'd be cool to meet up. What level skier are you? (or are you from the darkside?)

Hi Elizabeth - staying in a chalet in Wengen. It'd be nice to meet up for a drink. Last time a few of us met up in the Anonym bar in the Silberhorn - it's as good a rendezvous as anywhere and handy for the train.

What level skier am I? I think 'just trying to keep up' probably sums it up!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike, know the Silberhorn well, been in there a few times, what level does just trying to keep up mean? Shame DG can't make it but never mind Sad Wish I was going on Saturday, but as I'm not it gives me a couple more days to get over this stinking cold I've got, it means I'm not getting to the gym so not sure how fit I'll be when I get there Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK how about Monday 22nd at 5.30pm in the Anonym bar in the Silberhorn? This is the bar inside the hotel past the reception. I'll be there with my better half Val.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds like a plan Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Count me in Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone had a private lesson in Wengen, thinking about this for this trip, how much will it cost? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sparrow there are several places you can get private lessons in or arround Wengen, They are not cheap though, Try the Privat ski school or the Swiss Ski School as I have heard good reports from customers of both, I shall have a dig arround and see if I can find some more info for you later
snow report
Cheers DG, am off on Thursday Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Ok Sparrow as promised this is a link to The Swiss Ski School and this one The Privat Ski School since I have'nt had do use either for some time I wont suggest one is better than the other nor will I suggest a particular teacher is better than another, If you want to improve skiing rather than boarding however a friend of mine, Beat Horisberger works for the Swiss ski school (You can find them below the coop in wengen, which is almost opposite the station) Although I've not had any lessons from him I have seen him skiing and instructing on the mountain and he seems pretty good, he also speeks pretty good english and is a local unlike some of the people there.

Also see other message to you under the Ski club membership is it still worth joining thread.

Above all have fun
snow conditions
My brother and his girlfriend are out there this week and I hope they are having a good time. Not that I have heard from them mind!!! rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
Well Anne I guess that just means they are having such a good time they don't have time to get in touch Wink
ski holidays
Well I hope the snow is nice for them anyway. Wish I was there Sad
snow report
Ditto Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
I'll be there soon Very Happy
snow conditions
Another lucky snowHead snowHead
snow report
Agreed!! Little Angel
ski holidays
Fairly recent news from Wengen. It snowed steadily for 36 hours from about 2.00pm last Wednesday and remained cold until Sunday (when it snowed again in the morning). When I left on Sunday afternoon the sun was out and it has been very warm since then. Local optimists maintain that Winter is not over and that further snow will fall.....so here is hoping for good Easter skiing.
snow report
ooooh, can't wait, am getting my packing finished off, wish I was going for longer, still must'nt complain at least I'm going. snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks for the advice DG, will let you know how I got on when I get back. Little Angel
latest report
Wengen Wengen and Wengen...... WHAT ABOUT Murren ...its much better David..... NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris, Lauterbrunnen is the best. You can easily access Wengen and Murren, and getting round to First isn't too bad either (especially if you have a coach at your disposal) snowHead
ski holidays
Lauterbrunnen is nice but i couldnt handle getting the funnicular everyday to go skiing in Murren or getting the train to Wengen.

I like the 'step out the door and ski' approach.
snow report
David,have the managed to update your site yet ??
snow report
Not significantly I've been a bit busy at home for various reasons and have not got round to adding anymore stuff as yet though I have done some work on the off line content I'm not happy with it, currently I'm looking at doing something clever with flash !
snow report
Post when u have added you pic etc to your site please.
snow report
Will do
snow report
Fresh snow in Wengen last night.
snow conditions
Yup and staying cool in the region -

Tuesday, cloudy, light snowshowers. Temperatures in the morning of -6 and in the afternoon of -2 degrees. Wednesday, overcast, snowfall. Low temperature of -6 and in the afternoon -4 degrees. Thursday, overcast, light snowfall and around -4 degrees. Friday, cloudy temperatures during the day reaching -3 degrees.
But spring is on its way !!
snow report
Snow right down to the valley floor today as this camera shows http://www.stechelberg.ch/cam/cam.htm the other day this area was completely snowless not that there is any real skiing down here snowHead
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Snow right down to the valley floor today as this camera shows http://www.stechelberg.ch/cam/cam.htm the other day this area was completely snowless not that there is any real skiing down here snowHead

I'm not surprised, it's been snowing here (here being the foothills of the Jura at the moment) on and off today and yesterday. It's not settling down here but anywhere over 1000m must be getting a nice little spring bonus.
ski holidays
Yep wish I was there and not stuck here at home, ah well possibly be back there again in the summer definately be back come winter snowHead
ski holidays
Me too..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy