Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boarding gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Saw a few people wearing really thin ski gloves last year but can't find any anywhere on the net. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Found some:

http://www.sputniksnowboardshop.com/grenade-team-cc935-snowboard-glove-0809---black--grey-3970-p.asp
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
they are called pipe gloves, I've done 2 seasons with a pair and havent had cold hands yet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm after a pair of these

because let's face it, they are cool and leather Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wilky27, cycling and running gloves are perfect for boarding on normal conditions. I carry a pair of overmitts for when conditions get really cruddy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the thin Level gloves with a pressure pad in them to keep warm - gimmick maybe but even if they are wringing wet my hands never get cold

The are the same as these but with a PINK flame pattern Razz

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow,

Is this leather and studs?? Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I get really cold hands with pipe gloves! I wear mitts all the time, with thin undergloves. The mitts have zips in the side so you can get your hand out easily but have finally conked out after six years so I need some more...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, no fabric and studs Cool I must admit I bought them because I fell in love with the design Embarassed

But luckily for me they are so good. Not only are they cool they are functional ! I have really small hands and normal gloves dont fit properly so i had trouble doing my bindings & boots up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Kruisler, no fabric and studs Cool I must admit I bought them because I fell in love with the design Embarassed

Is there a matching necklace? Laughing

Yesterday I finally got my Burton Impacts..the complete opposite of pipe gloves! Now I just need a trip to take them on.. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, nope but I have the obligatory studded belt to hold me tartan troosers up Laughing Studded necklace is sounding quite tempting tho... i could really punk it up!

Just sent my group email out, think a few people are gonna drop out this year due to cash probs. I'm skint but I am giving up buying lunch to afford to go.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, i remember a time when I worked in HK and calculated that by giving up lunch I could afford to buy a small terraced house in Wales !! Shocked This is when lunch in HK was expensive and houses were cheap Very Happy

cancel those lunches and board away Very Happy you know it makes sense !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DebbiDoesSnow, rayscoops,

Well I will be forward spending my bonus, so it'd better not be scrapped because of "tought times for the company!" Confused

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 17-10-08 10:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler, with that attitude you need to stay away from Apres section, it is likely you would be stoned (as in bricks on head Very Happy ) for saying such upbeat things Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops,

I dare say that the last we heard, the company was exceeding targets by 25% which would mean myu bonus up 25% which would cover at least an extra trip or two short breaks....
But I try not to think too much about that....It's dangerous... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Kruisler, I only got my 'bonus plan' last week - it is supposed to run Jan - Jan !!
My manager changed me from a EMEA based company bonus (which isnt doing well this year) to a global one which is great I thought.. thing is it used to be the 40 - 50 % of my bonus, now its only 30% and the rest is on 'personal' of which the majority is mapped to a project reliant on our US development team hitting the delivery targets, which so far it seems they will not Evil or Very Mad

so no forward spending my 'bonus' this year Sad
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,
It's fairly simple for me.
My bonus is 10% of my salary if my appraisal returns a "satisfactory" at least. I can get a bit more if I "exceed expectations" or get less/nothing if I am below par.
Then the 10% is linked to the company more or less meeting its financial targets. So if company is under by 10% then my bonus is reduced by 10%, By the same token, if the company exceed those targets, as per last year and hopefully this one, then I get more...

Really can't complain, especially compared to my previous job... All in all should be a few grand extra...
All of which should go on decorating the house or "essentials", but I am earmarking some for snowboarding... Toofy Grin
snow report
I had some Dakine Bronco's - the leather/gortex ones - best gloves I have ever used.
But I did board in March only - and I dont tend to get cold hands.

Seems like they don't do them this year.
Spoke to a guy in a local shop and he said they have been replaced by the Cobra.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy