Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Jan 09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at going to St Anton on Jan 09 11th for 10 nights. I'm just wondering what the snow conditions/weather is like around then? I've read there being rain and lack of snow on the lower slopes in previous years. Is this true? If so, would it be better to go towards the end of Jan or the start?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a lottery. Last Year the snow came big time in December. I wouldn't hesitate to go anytime in Jan or Feb or Mar or April or Dec but I like it a lot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I sure hope it's the same as last year then Lechbob, we are going to be there over Christmas......would hate to be stuck in the town all week with nothing but bars to occupy me!

Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
northantsred, You lucky thing. I don't mind drinking but the clientelle in the KK & Moosewort are silly. If that Aussie with the guitar is still singing in Bar Cuba give him some stick as he made fun of me. The Hospiz Alms is more my thing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cut the dreaded double post...

Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there in virtually that time in Jan'07 and it was great. Still some off piste to find etc. But this year will be different!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nope, last year was great in Jan, okay in Feb, and then more snow came in March/April. 2006 was a shocker, but still heaps above mid-mountain.

Just remember that we struggle to predict the weather 7 days out. What credence would you give to a forecast 3 months out?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would imagine that you should be OK. Really difficult to tell but the Arlberg region has one of the best snow records in the Alps (check out this months Daily Mail Ski mag for confirmation of this). St Anton's lower slops can suffer a wee bit if there's not enough snow, but the snow cannons are on as long as it's cold enough - even seen them on during blizzards. If all else fails, Lech/Zurs are just along the road and do have better snow.
I was in Oberlech with family at end of Jan this year and in St Anton with boys 1st week in March. Conditions were better I would say at end of Jan as we arrived to rain in resort (for the 1st time in 6 years though) when going with the boys. The rain quickly turned to snow though and the underfoot conditions were fantastic after the 1st day of the boys trip.
For me anyway the skiing is 50% of the fun in St Anton, the apres ski is the remainder. Mooserwirt, Krazy Kanguruh and Post Kellar (for Gunar - some German singer) are all great, as is Funky Chicken. wink And if the conditions are poor lower down, there's plenty of skiing higher up that will be good, so you only have to concern yourself with the potentially poorer conditions when coming down at 7pm after a right good bevvy in the Mooserwirt Toofy Grin
Have a great time and let's face it you would have the same concerns booking most European trips anyway. Having been to France and Italy and going to St Anton/Oberlech a couple of weeks later, the conditions in the Arlberg have in my experience always been better
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ahhhh I'm so jealous. I was there in Jan last year and although it was a bit patchy in places, it was fine higher up. As I recall we always managed to end up on route number 5 all the time, which was really icy! There are some fantastic blacks though, which aren't very black if you see what I mean.

As said though, when the snow comes is anyone's guess.

Please have a few drinks in the Piccadilly for me - it's where my username comes from, I loved it that much!! (It's spelt wrongly thanks to a typo when first registering! D'oh!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You need to get down to Bar Cuba as well - walk down the high street towards nasserein, pass the kandahar on the right, keep going and a bit beyond scotties (IIRC) is bar cuba on the left. If you like live music the couple of bald blokes that play there (5-8pm M-F) are wicked..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy