Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere > Olympic Village Apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any advice on Sestriere and the Olypic village appartments.

May be heading out there the last week in Jan.

Will snow be ok?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The scenery is beautiful, the people are nice and the prices are reasonable. The après ski is okay, not really full on, but two great places I found were the Irish Igloo and the Cavern, with the Cavern being the better of the two. Serving most drinks and providing decent food, free pool table, sky TV (for football and rugby games) and have more seats than most other places you cannot really go wrong. The Cavern also each night provides different entertainment and the staff are more than happy to pass on their knowledge of the resort to you. I recommend you get yourself there on the first night and you will see for yourself how good it is.
Because it's at high altitude, there is top-class snow, supported by widespread snowmaking.
The resort itself is not overly attractive, as opposed to the stunning scenery around, but it does have everything you need off-snow. Ignoring the less-than-heavenly architecture, this is one of the best Italian resorts. Cool

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 15-10-08 10:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow shouldn't be a problem at that time of the year in Sestriere.

Never stayed them in them and never skied in Sestriere. But I have skied in the surrounding area multiple times, Sestriere over christmas and Janaury always has adequate snow. It is high enough at over 2000m so it doesn't hold it snow badly.

Walked past them this summer, they are close to a main arterial lift between Sestriere and the other side of the Milky way. It also has a chairlift very close by to get to Sestrieres main slopes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bump!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry,
Never stayed in Sestriere or been to the appartments. Have skied in milky way a few times from Serre che. Whereas Sestriere is high and should hold its snow well that part ofthe milky way seems to sit in a bit of a snow shadow and occasionally misses out on the snow. By The last week of Jan it would be a very poor year if you don't have decent cover though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy