Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU funds ski slope on flat Danish island

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The European Union has given 100,000 euros to a Danish businessman to build a ski slope on an island where it hardly ever snows, and the highest hills are not much higher than 100m. The businessman, Ole Harild, has built the ski slope on the island of Bornholm, in the Baltic Sea. Apparently, he had the idea for the project in 2006, when he was unable to go skiing abroad for professional reasons. Asking himself why he couldn’t make his own Alpine ski run, he eventually put in a request for an EU subsidy "not thinking it would come to anything"....With the money made available, he bought a machine to mark out the run, a snow blower and 80 pairs of skis and boots for hire. However, there was very little snow, last season and the run was only open for a day and a half.

Source: http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/1223904722.81
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A day and a half? We just about got that on Primrose Hill in London without snowmaking.
Maybe we should go for EU funds to develop the "City Regeneration Alpine Project" and market it as "C.R.A.P Mountain"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hilarious - one of the better articles I've read Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
acutally it does snow on Bornholm, they just didnt get much last winter, like Andora! So please get your facts right, I have photos of the snow up to the roof at my grandma's old farmhouse on the island.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy