Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"VIP", "TOP" etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
JT, Thanks for the advice, I'll bear it in mind.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It sounds as though some people go to some awful shops. Our local ski man seems to produce perfectly OK skis for our visitors (the ones who are not borrowing our old ones wink ). He seems to give sensible advice, and everyone seems to get on OK (even with our old ones, some of which are 10 years old). I don't think many people (including me, I hasten to add) ski with enough skill and sensitivity to really tell the difference. Best advice to family going off on a ski holiday is to spend as much as they can afford on lessons.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Really...??? Not saying I skill with any great skill but I tried 5 versions of the same ski over 2 seasons and the differene between the best version...be it tune or whatever..and the worse was pretty big. In fact, if I had tried the the worst example 1st, I would never have hired it again...instead of trying the best, which lead me to hire 5 times... !!!!!

I influenced a ski buddy to try a version which he wasn't knocked out with..and I tried one from the same shop and I agreed with him...not sure if it was the exact same ski but I think some shops look after their skis
better than others...
It was one of the key reasons that I bought a pr of my own after that
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab wrote:
Ronald wrote:
stab wrote:

One time a guy did answer me, after saying he was really good I asked if he was doing switch cab 9s at all today, he knew what I was talking about and wasn't far off that level, he got the gold goodies Smile

I can now write a book: "How to rent snowboard gear at stabs" Toofy Grin

ha, it was a trick question, a switch cab 9 is a normal 9, you fail.

I get what I want from you anyways Toofy Grin

JT wrote:
pam w, Really...??? Not saying I skill with any great skill but I tried 5 versions of the same ski over 2 seasons and the differene between the best version...be it tune or whatever..and the worse was pretty big. In fact, if I had tried the the worst example 1st, I would never have hired it again...instead of trying the best, which lead me to hire 5 times... !!!!!

Bindings can make a hefty difference. I had a stoeckli GS from stabs store, which were on retail Vist with beefy plate bindings, and later in the day another pair from another store in the rental chain a longer pair with rental salomons flatmounted... Gives a very different flex under the foot. Result was the shorter ski skied longer due to the much stiffer binding.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, maybe it's because our guests use a small, independent ski hire shop run with loving care by a knowledgeable proprietor who, with an assistant, does the work himself. But I also suspect you are considerable more skilful and discerning than the average "once a year" holiday punter who is, frankly, unlikely to distinguish between the quality of tune of 5 identical pairs of skis! I'm sure I couldn't. And I remain convinced that the average holiday skier will do best to spend as much as possible on good lessons, and not faff unnecessarily about their skis. The quality of the snow, the fit of their boots, the amount they drank the night before and whether they have been bothered to do even 10 minutes a day to get in shape for skiing will make far more difference to their attainment and enjoyment than fine distinctions in their skis.

The only time we got really ropey gear was when we were daft enough to use the stuff on offer from the TO. We didn't know any better!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, fair enough ponts ...I guess it is me.. I can be a bit picky..Laughing

Ronald, Yep, sure.. I have dukes mounted and they will beef up the middle of the ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, I'm sure you have a way of assessing your customers that is even-handed, reasonable and gives them the appropriate benefit of the doubt, but an arrogant, condescending, insolent and jumped-up little oik withholding from a customer what he has paid for is one of the main things that made me determined very early on to use rental shops as little as possible and warn others to do same. I'm sure you would agree that a customer who has paid for the top level of equipment hire is entitled to top level hire equipment and that if you legitimately felt that they would not benefit from such equipment the equitable and honourable thing to do would be to offer an appropriate level of equipment at its correspondingly lower price. I work in a service industry and know only too well the importance of providing both a professional quality service and a pleasant and satisfying consumer experience.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy