Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brugi gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any Brugi gear?

I'm looking around for a new jacket and I've found one made by Brugi which looks and feels fine for the money but there's no technical data on it so I'm wondering how warm/breathable/waterproof etc they really are.

Apart from finding out they are Italian, there's not much info searching the internet, even their own website doesn't say much.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jeraff, my son had one in his first year in ski school (aged 5) and it was fine but I'd have to say, not really tested (other than falling over a lot....) in proper conditions. Sorry can't help more Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jeraff, Grown up daughter got a Brugi jacket from TK Max for her first ski trip, she liked it 'cos it was pink. Seemed decent quality, she reckoned it was too warm (even though it was bloody freezing in Livigno!). Didn't get to test it's waterproofness as it was far too cold.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, yes I did wonder if they mainly did kids wear and the adult stuff was an afterthought.

RobinS, Tkmaxx is where I found the one I've got, I have two weeks to decide whether to keep it or not. The warmth comment is the kind of info I was looking for. I tend to get cold easily when I'm still but also work up a sweat when active so I (think) I need good breathability.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jeraff, Daughter tends not to feel the cold, but she wore it in temps between -3 and -20 with just a baselayer underneath. For a reasonably priced jacket it seemed a good buy. I have seen quite a few italians wearing Brugi gear.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would tend to assume that if there is no information about breathability, then it isn't breathable (or isn't waterproof, so breathability is irrelevant).

Surely there is a label in it that tells you what material(s) it is made from?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alex_heney, I haven't got it with me right now but I think the label just says 'waterproof' and 'breathable' and possibly 'windproof' as well, no indication of the specs whereas I often see figures like 5000, 8000, 10000 etc on other makes (I kinda understand those figures from other threads on here).

I'll check the label tonight for the materials. Is there anything in particular that should be looked for (or avoided*)?

*Obviously sponge, tissue paper etc Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought a Brugi ski jacket from TK Maxx 2 years ago. I love the way the jacket looks and love some of the features, like all the little hideaway pockets, and is also very warm but breathable. However, I am definitely questioning the quality and durability of the jacket. After only having it a couple of months zippers started falling apart and holes started to appear, and this was before the jacket even saw any real action (I had just been wearing it out and about at this point). Now two years later, with it only seeing a few months of use each year, I can find 8 different places where it is falling apart at the seams, 1 zipper is broken, and the inside of the pockets all have holes in them. I have been very nice to this jacket with no hard use at all, but is seems to be disintegrating before my eyes...very disappointing because otherwise would be a very cool jacket. I thought buying a jacket made in Europe would mean better quality, but I was wrong. Sad BTW - in reply to other posts, the fabrics are polyester and nylon, one is the inside fabric and one is the outer fabric..don't know which is which because the tag is in italian and I couldn't figure it out!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have Brugi gear. A jacket that cost about £40 almost 8 years ago and salopettes that cost £30 even longer ago. Both absolutely fine and have lasted well (in the process of replacing them). No idea about technical gubbins as such since I've never had the misfortune of extreme conditions. For the type of skiing I do (Europe in March, piste only) they were just the thing. My only requirements are cheap and purple! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had a few Brugi jackets in the 80's. Decent stylish and quality gear at a budget price. Never got cold, just unzip to breathe!
Nevica was better and so are many other brands but for the money...

The material was Tactel Microfibre but this may have changed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy