Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this a good price for Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Been reading the forum for a couple of months now and am learning a lot. It seems that a lot of you have already booked you trips for 2009. I really would like to go to Canada next year but am struggling to get decent prices. The cheapest I have had so far is

Banff - £749 per person based on 2 sharing for 10 nights, starting 4 March 2009
Whistler - £1075 per person based on 2 sharing for 10 nights, starting 4 March 2009

The above prices just include accomdation, flights, and transfer and will be booked via a tour operator. Do you think that these are good prices? Can anyone recommend any tour operators?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
seems ok, just check out how much a flight only would cost in comparison to your deal - flight probably £450 ish each !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
o11y, Have you looked at Inghams website, they still have some very goo dprices.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
did you try inghams? Their Jan prices look very good....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for your repsonses. Havent tried inghams yet. This is price is from Iglu.

I take it snow conditions will still be good for early march?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
o11y, I don't think you need to worry too much about the snow conditions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Those prices are fine. Have you checked that they are the actual final price? Hotel rooms in Canada often come with 2 double beds - if there are only 2 of you, UK TOs then often hit you with under-occupancy charge.... rolling eyes

Inghams normally come in quite a good price if you haven't tried them. March will be fine for good snow ocnditions. And you'll miss President's weekend.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy, you're expected to share with another couple? Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, I've never quite worked that one out! I don't know whether its catering for the larger-sized N American (apologies to anyone I may have offended wink ), hence a bed each. Or whether you stick your kids in the other bed. There certainly never seems to be enough cupboard space for one couple let alone two. Even if you were that way inclined wink Toofy Grin

Anyone know why they do this?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Re. under-occupancy supplements:
Quote:

Simple answer: To screw the ski package holidaymaker for every £££££££££££££ that they can!! Shocked Like flight supplements, ski carriage, meals on the plane, sitting together on the plane, transfers etc.

Best laugh with the North America under occupancy thing is that:

a. Lots of hotel rooms (just like everywhere) only have one bed = but you still pay the tour opp supplement! Of course you get there and assume that your supplement has covered the cost of providing you with a room with only one bed. BUT.....
b. Book direct with the hotel and there's no such thing as an under ocupancy supplement for a 2 person room. What's more, you could well end up in a 2 bedded room that sleeps 4 - but at no extra cost.

Daylight robbery!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know why TOs charge under-occupancy supplements - and that if you book direct with the hotel you don't get charged a supplement.

I wanted to know why hotels have 2 double beds in the room! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One to sleep in, one to throw your dirty washing on to?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
o11y, try Ski Miguel for Whistler. Rubbish admin. but good holiday + you get breakfast and evening meals.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
o11y, Air Canda are doing great deals from heathrow to Clagary and you will pick up cheap hotel rooms booking direct.

Quote:

Never been to Canada then. March as a rule (Rules can be broken) Has the best snow in Canada and the best weather not as many - 40 days in March. If you do get out there I will be stopping by Banff in March at some point let me know
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy wrote:
Those prices are fine. Have you checked that they are the actual final price? Hotel rooms in Canada often come with 2 double beds - if there are only 2 of you, UK TOs then often hit you with under-occupancy charge.... rolling eyes

Inghams normally come in quite a good price if you haven't tried them. March will be fine for good snow ocnditions. And you'll miss President's weekend.

Thanks. Yes i only selected hotels that had rooms for two.
latest report
Ordhan wrote:
o11y, Air Canda are doing great deals from heathrow to Clagary and you will pick up cheap hotel rooms booking direct.

Quote:

Never been to Canada then. March as a rule (Rules can be broken) Has the best snow in Canada and the best weather not as many - 40 days in March. If you do get out there I will be stopping by Banff in March at some point let me know

cheapest flight i can get in march is £1331 return for both of us. Probably be best to stick with the TO price.
snow report
Inghams proces look very fair & seem to have agood quota of the charter seats on Monarch....arghh and Thomas Cook. 14 days is hardly more expensive than 7 (except for your lift pass & drink Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
cathy wrote:
Lizzard, I've never quite worked that one out! I don't know whether its catering for the larger-sized N American (apologies to anyone I may have offended wink ), hence a bed each. Or whether you stick your kids in the other bed. There certainly never seems to be enough cupboard space for one couple let alone two. Even if you were that way inclined wink Toofy Grin

It's the latter.

So it's mean for either: 1) a couple with 1 or 2 children, or 2) two unrelated individual each occupying one (double) bed.

Those who had met me know I'm not at all "large" by even the continental standard. But I still prefer a double bed over a twin, particularly if that doesn't cost extra.

In a pinch, I'm willing to share a double with another (average sized) adult. But I certainly will not do so for a whole week!
snow report
o11y, I went Feb 2008 for 11 nights for £580 to Banff inc BA scheduled flights(check out the trip report here), booked the previous August with online discounts with Thomsonski, prices must have gone up!

We had a room with 2 double beds (two blokes), had to pay under-occupancy supplements, but the base price was lower, so was still cheaper than other hotels that offered twins or king-size double. Bear it in mind and check out all options.
latest report
cathy wrote:

Once stayed in a chalet stateside where one room had this set up Confused It was occupied by two Brit couple for 10 days Shocked Shocked It was the only room like it in the chalet for some reason. We had the Master complete with walk in dressing room which was bigger than most European chalet rooms Very Happy
ski holidays
luigi wrote:
o11y, I went Feb 2008 for 11 nights for £580 to Banff inc BA scheduled flights(check out the trip report here), booked the previous August with online discounts with Thomsonski, prices must have gone up!

We had a room with 2 double beds (two blokes), had to pay under-occupancy supplements, but the base price was lower, so was still cheaper than other hotels that offered twins or king-size double. Bear it in mind and check out all options.

WOW that was cheap. That is the same hotel that I have had rpices for. Will check Thomson and see what they come out at. Bit concerned about booking for Banff yet as I want to see what happens with the ski buses.

Great review by the way.
ski holidays
just found this lot and their prices seem cheap. they were advertising on facebook of all places... seem cheaper than you've been quoted though so might be worth a look

http://www.takemeskiing.co.uk
snow report
o11y, just been checking the Thomson prices for this winter, huge leaps in price.

I've got my invoice from last year, the breakdown was:

Adults x2 : £1026
Room Supplement(2 sharing) : £198
Flight Supplement x2: £58
Internet discount : -£120
Total : £1162 for 2 adults or £581pp

The base price is now over £700pp and the flight supplement is £110pp for Gatwick charters! Glad I went last year! All the best in finding a bargain.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy