Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KUNG FUJAS or OBSETHED...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Okay, well I'm an advanced skiier who basically does all terrain. Backcountry, groomers, trees, you name it. This year I want to work on my park skills (that I really do suck at) so I can be a really really good all around skiier. The conditions where I ski aren't great everytime I go up. Sometimes it's crud, sometimes its waist deep powder. My friends and I always look for the most powder we can though and always get to find at least SOME (even a tiny tiny bit). I was wondering, for a ski that can do EVERYTHING on the mountain exceptionally well (park, hard-packed, powder, etc) would the kung fujas beat the obSETHed?

I'm not sure if I need any rocker or w/e because I don't always get that much powder where I go to ski. The point of the rocker is to float on powder better (I think) so if there isn't much powder every time why spend an extra $100 on the obsethed's u know?? However, when I do get powder I want to be able to really enjoy it.

Bottom Line:

I want an all mountain ski that can do everything really well and take anything you throw at it. Which ski would be the better, more versatile choice?

Kung Fujas

-or-

obSETHed

Please reply. I would love to know since I'm going to go shopping soon.

Also, I'm wondering how good Rossignol "scratch" bindings are. I ahve them currently and am just thinking about putting those on the new skis I get.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bump. 65 views and no bueno?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Evergreen, I have just looked at it 65 times.

I don't have a clue to be honest.

www.tetongravity.com (not loading for me just now?!)

Ask there-you are more likely to find someone that has actually skied them.

Any reason you are sticking to K2?

Are you talking about the Scratch 140Ti;s?

wink

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 13-10-08 22:51; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Evergreen, Welcome to Snowheads, but I can't answer your question, sorry.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Evergreen, welcome to snowheads.

To get a useful response you're gonna need to find someone who's actually skied both of these skis rather than just read the manufacturer's blurb, & there won't be many folks around that have done that. I don't think there's a ski available that can do "EVERYTHING on the mountain exceptionally well" plus, if you're looking to work on your park skills, you'd be best with a more central binding position which would then adversely affect the ski's deep snow performance. If it's these two skis you fancy then a back to back test is the best way forward.

AFAIK the Rossi Scratch binding, whilst being a tried & tested binding design, employs additional plastic to bring it's weight down. For hard all mountain use I'd prefer an all metal binding, especially if you're a heavy aggressive skier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nope, not skied either...and I would think the Obesthed too new for most to have done so.

Agree TGR would be your best bet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I posted this in another thread, but anyway - if a ski could be made that performed exceptionally well everywhere, do you think there'd be so many skis about? Characteristics that help in one area usually hinder the other. You need to prioritise what you want, or have more than one pair of skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You didn't tell us you had silencers, why would you want skis for the park if you already have skis designed solely for the park?

Get a decent all mountain ski like the obSETHd and keep it out the park!! YOu have a park ski already. THere are also a hundred other brands out there you should probably look at before deciding you want a K2 ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy