Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Today......Faceshots at Piau-Engaly.... More tomorrow.... 60cm of new snow in one night and still pucking down
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we are at home now,....what a day today in Peyragudes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Lots of powder and free lift ticket
Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

more here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51543
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
More photos done by Daniel this past weekend.... the western Pyrenées. Belagua/Pierre de St Martin zone.

http://www.climaynievepirineos.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=13679#13679
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shock Shock
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Despite starting to become worrying it's SNOWING another time in the Pyrenees!!! Laughing Laughing snowHead snowHead

the webcam of Pas de la Casa is whitening....snowing now at about 1800m, but the snowlimit level will fall down to 1300m. The local forecasts says that this inestable weather will remain until weekend, so maybe another powder weekend???
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
32cm of fresh snow this morning in Formigal. Snowing above 1000m in western part. And now descending in the rest to 1300m
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AlTom, metalhead132, This is virtually beyond belief! Lucky you. Have fun - stay there, it's clearly much better than the alps. (Too warm, too slushy really, and I like slush Shocked )
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just talking to someone back from a walking break in the Pyrennes, all the precipitation wasn't so much fun for her!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter Ross, sure Laughing Laughing bad weather for walking or anything different than skiing (alpine or touring)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Today it's snowing again,..every afternoon this week, stormshowers with the snowlevels at 1400m
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Ross wrote:
Just talking to someone back from a walking break in the Pyrennes, all the precipitation wasn't so much fun for her!

Will she be going back there again for a skiing holiday... in August?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
metalhead132 wrote:

more here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51543

I cant believe my luck. Went to the Dordogne for 10 days to help friends and missed the fantastic dumps. Sad Sad Its still snowing up high but the ski's are now away until next year - lets hope its just as memorable as this season Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The forecast for next week another time unbelievable, they're looking a big N front... So if you have the opportunity, the 26th sunday the closing date at Piau could be memorable.
Sure they will close with more than 3 METERS of snow base, ridiculous.....

Is THIS the big announced climate change???? Puzzled I love it Laughing Laughing Laughing I'll go to burn more petrol to increase it.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Today I've rested and spended the day with one of my brothers that comes for some days (he lives in UK), but tomorrow and monday the mountains are waiting me NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
Metalhead132 had been skiing Grandvalira this morning with 10-15cm of yesterday new snow.....poo-poo I miss it!!! They tell me still big amounts of snow and specially nice that this last storm with a little wet snow and no wind form a really nice base that cover all rock faces, all couloirs, and was amazing.... Neverending winter
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
amazing, neverending season....yesterday's pics in Grandvalira:

More here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1218621#1218621
snow conditions
AlTom, metalhead132, totally amazing!

Shocked Shocked
latest report
easiski wrote:
AlTom, metalhead132, totally amazing!

Shocked Shocked

Amazing today... did top of Aneto (3404m), no skied in the last 10 days due bad weather ant today we opened the trace up.....and down. From top to aprox 2300m, and absolutely amazing snow, about 50-60cm of new snow, then turned heavy and wet, skied to the car at 1700m!! I did some photos...
latest report
AlTom, Can't wait to see them. Very Happy
snow report
SNOWING HARD NOW................ AAAAGAAAIN.
Snow level at 1700m in Andorra and 1000m in Aran valley,...INCREDIBLE.....maybe 50-60cm of fresh tomorrow Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Some photos are coming (like next storm..jeje).... but the descent was superb, tons of snow, beautiful place. The people in the grup who did it before say that don't remember conditions like now...

More than half way down (at about 2300-2400m) still powdery conditons
latest report
metalhead132 wrote:
SNOWING HARD NOW................ AAAAGAAAIN.

The word to define Pyrenees now is snowing AGAIN....always AGAIN. Today when we arrived at the car and started to snow, I only thought AGAIN....
snow conditions
bufffff BIG DUMP tonight!! 50 to 100cm of fresh snow in the central Pyrenées between Aran valley and Andorra!!!! Weather station are reporting amounts of precipitation about 55-80mm!!! and still falling Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Livecam from Ordino Arcalís:
http://194.158.91.79:8082/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=352x288&camera=1&dummy=garb
snow conditions
Stupidly storm..... In the last 24h, mama earth bring about 100cm of new snow in some places Shocked Shocked Shocked 50-60cm of new snow as average in north side of central pyrenees......
ski holidays
I see Masella (closest resort to Barcelona) is now open until May 10th!
ski holidays
Phenomenal.
ski holidays
My blog: (http://berniboom.blogspot.com/) had been actualized with lots of Aneto photos...

Thre pics as an example:

Glacier....needs someone that open the trace up..and DOWN!! Very Happy Very Happy

looking our descent before last hundreds meters of ascent...about 1400m of direct descent

This last photo at only 1900m!!!!! Shocked Shocked

MORE ON MY BLOG...
ski holidays
new storm coming this weekend,...maybe another big DUMP.....meteogram looks HEAVY

This weekend is the closing day in Piau en Cauterets, the last resorts tho close in French Pyrenées; their snow reports at closing weekend is simply stupid:
Piau Engaly: 250 to 300cm
Cauterers: 260 to 470cm
snow report
metalhead132, WTF... !!!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT wrote:
NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
JT wrote:

Cool Cool

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 24-04-09 9:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Enjoy it fellas. green.
snow report
New storm has arrived, SNOWING NOW (AGAIN Shocked ) in the W and Central Pyrennees, not arrived yet to andorra and to the east.. But step by step the forecast looks more heavy, lots of cold air at 500hPA, that produces huge inestability and also cold air at surface iso 0 at 850hPA that means snow DOWN to 1000m in the northern side, and down to 1200m in S.

Really incredible Shocked Shocked Above 2000m the amount of new snow can be significative, maybe we're speaking about 50-80cm as an average, SOOO NICEEEE..... and also with really good quality to ski due cold. The nicest thing of all is the forecast mantain inestability and cold air until NEXT weekend, so all the week snow down to 1500m (as much!!). We'll start May with biggest snow depth of the season above 2000m. shock: Shocked Shocked

Tomorrow will close the last resort of french pyrenees that still is open, Piau with more than 3meters of snow base, and Cauterets with nearly 500cm of snow base. And with about 15m of acumulated snow november til april!!!

EPIC!!!
snow report
Maybe I have to take the Monday off to report you all that snow NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Think: Monday, late late april, sun starting to "burn" people in some beaches (past week I can see in Barcelona some english tourist totally red....and with a smile...I will never understand Puzzled Puzzled ) nobody thinks in ski (apart from some that people callled them as crazy men/women....) Can you imagine how much people would ski those tons of powder next monday?? I'll see....
snow conditions
Guys I have had a feeling, all year, that the Pyrenees would have the best late season snow, but I never thought it would be this good.
latest report
Heavy rain in Luchon all night and today - even snow for short periods which at 630m means that there has been buckets of the stuff above 1000m. Lots of powder I guess at Piau and Cauterets but no visibility. What a season!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Sunday, closing day in Cauterets;...with this conditions:

HAUTEURS DE NEIGE
Cirque du Lys (2415 m.) : 455cm
Cirque du Lys (1730 m.) : 255cm

And, two pics, first was in early season, and, the other yesterday xDDD (1700m)

ski holidays
Can you believe that it's snowing AGAIN???? The webcams of Andorra shows it and the radar shows lots of precipitation starting now. The snow limit still is relatively high (about 2000m now, but descending fast, not bad for end april-may), but the temps will fall and snow down 1600m!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked The forecast isn't so huge this time, maybe 20-25cm of new snow, that isn't bad. Tomorrow is day off in Spain, forecast is snow overnight with cold temperatures until morning (until midday in North face), SO could be a good day to visit Andorra.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I think we should close this thread now.... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Kruisler wrote:
I think we should close this thread now.... Twisted Evil

NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Really I don't have the feeling that on Friday we start MAY.... Shocked
latest report
I love how much the hut is buried on the webcam pics!!

Are any lifts still running in the Pyrenees??

cheers,

greg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy