Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
It's snowing NOW!!! In ALL areas of the pyrenees, but by now the best affected are eastern part and andorra!!! NICE, tomorrow powder turns in Shane's memory....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ALTom's powder turns,... Cool Cool Cool Cool in Arcalís of course Laughing Laughing

And incredible Arcalís when the clouds go away and we see La Coma Cirque , winter wonderland!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

More here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51172

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 30-03-09 10:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just amazing in Andorra now.

We rode from Pas to El Tarter, pure powder there and back, on and off piste. 6.5 hrs of riding and blue skies too. The locals are talking about another 50cm over the next 2 days.

Happy days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going to Arinal on Sunday for a week............can't wait. Great photos metalhead..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dumping so much we have had to come off the moutain!

Being guided tomorrow. It should be at least knee deep on an already perfect basis.

Enjoying pints of San Miguel at 2 euros a pint all day.

Life has its consolations.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bar shaker, dont come on here with your problems - enjoy it !!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its still snowing and viz is poor (30-50m). Guiding put back to Friday.

Snow ploughs working the town roads all night with their bloody reverse beepers and then pistuers dynamiting this morning have together ensured we didn't get much sleep.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
perfect conditions this week Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bar shaker, your prays for cold and snow had been effect...... SO now enjoy it, I'll also do it....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys.

We went out with a guide after all. New tracks every where we went, some of it in waiste deep powder.

Viz above 2300m awful but great lower down.

20cm expect tonight and tomorrow with good viz from Friday onwards.

In 15 years of riding a board, this is the best snow conditions ever.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bar shaker

ENJOY!!!

Glad to see your skiing week is OK!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's snowing right now.

Check Grandvalira's and Vallnord's (blurred pictures) webcams.

http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=1&section=104&subsection=150
http://www.vallnord.com/webcams-webcams.aspx
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It has been snowing on and off here in the central Pyrenees for almost a week with falling snow levels between 1000m and 1400m. Poor visibility at the moment but the snow is still falling.

This season has been fantastic, and hopefully all those that have had time to ski with us at Superbagneres, Peyragudes and Baqueira have had a great time.

With our guests all gone it has been empty slopes and lots of powder - great fun and great times to end the season.

Sunday was the last day at Superbagneres - 1st tracks all morning!!

Sun on Monday at Piau Engaly. LOTS OF POWDER !!

Good luck to fellow Pyrenees posters for this coming summer - bring on winter 09/10
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Puzzled Shocked
Superbagneres closed already?
latest report
Also closed Tavascan in Catalonia with more than 3meters of snow.... Baqueira closing date also early: 13th april, surely will close with more than 3 meters....

Only Andorra and another couple will wait till may... but, the mountains will remains with tons of snow so fit your legs and go up!!
latest report
No, Baqueira close at 19th of April.
Grandvalira and Ordino-Arcalís remain opened until 3th of May.

Masella until 10th of may......then until July the legs will have the work
snow report
metalhead132 wrote:

Not really.....They open til 13th with all area opened, but then they will last one week more at 50%... Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
AlTom wrote:
metalhead132 wrote:

Not really.....They open til 13th with all area opened, but then they will last one week more at 50%... Puzzled Puzzled

I remember that I only have two weeks to use the free forfait that I have... So next week I'll be there some day, maybe thursday
latest report
One meter of new snow in this past week in the oriental Pyreneés;

And the models are telling that on monday/tuesday of next week, que could have a VERY BIG DUMP, in western french Pyrneés (place that we are skiing during easter), and good snowfalling in the rest of the range Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

latest report
Since this next sunday I'll have holidays until 15th SO..I'll catch this dump, and next ones.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Here in Catalunya and also in the rest of Spain when april comes the people think that the season is over, but really I don't have that feeling, the amounts of snow are huge, the forecast are Shocked Shocked Shocked , and also the temperatures remain not much warm..... I've lots of projects to do before finish the season!!!

So you'll have snow report and photo report some months more...... NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
Best day ever today.

Sunshine and new tracks everywhere. The best off piste and on piste boarding I have ever done.

Powder fields, untouched, virgin forests and empty red and black pistes.

Incredible!

I am totally knackered but I will be first in the queue for the lifts tomorrow.

I love the Pyrenees.
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
Puzzled Shocked
Superbagneres closed already?

Crazy as it may be yes> In fact the new DG (Chief Exec) of Altiservice wanted to close Superbagneres and a number of other resorts after the end of the French school holidays and just open on weekends. This would have been disastrous but sense prevailed.

Unfortunately in the parts of the Pyrenees that are still predominantly traditionally aimed at the French market it is like trying to re-float the Titanic when talking about having flexible opening dates and extending seasons when the snow is good.

THE GOOD NEWS IS:

Maybe next season we will see a increase in foreign visitors to the Pyrenees, as this year has broken all records with a significant increase in the number of domestic skiers switching from the expensive alps.

All indications are that resorts will report between a 15% and 30% increase in visitors this year.

It seems that:

1. Visitor numbers are significantly up

2. Hotel occupation is down

3. Restaurants have seen a fall in trade

4. Reservations for Self Catering apartment are significantly higher

5. Supermarkets have been extremely busy especially during the French school holidays

6. The motorways from central France have been busier on routes to the Pyrenees during the key holiday weekends

The end result - people in France have not given up their skiing holiday - they have just sought better value i.e. THE PYRENEES.

The 2009/10 season is going to be interesting.
snow report
hopefully heading up this sunay again, im working in montserrat and on a lexus job, with a bunch of fellow race circuit instructors, we were only about 2hrs away from powder so couldnt resist! more powder on the slopes this weeks and deserted pistes we cant resist

we came up last sunday for a totally ill equipped fresh powder session on rental gear in jeans and whatever clothes we could muster up. so if you saw a bunch of idiots being led by andy the basi man it was us Smile

if anyone is out there say hi
snow conditions
More snow due above 1400m on Monday/Tuesday - enjoy
ski holidays
snowing HARD now in all the range...between 20 an 30cm accumulated by now, and increasing
snow conditions
Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool

Bring on the WE! ...
ski holidays
snowlevels falling to 700m now in wetern part Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Before this strong storm we had some time to find some powder in high and remote Pyrenees.... HUGE acumulations of snow, that if today brings half a metre more, and forecast for friday-saturday are half a metre more (at LESS), will confirm this season as a RECORD season.

We spend sunday and monday in the colomers area in Val d'Aran, the Aiguamog valley is renowned for its innivation, we put the skis at only 1400m after a warm and dry march, and being in April isn't common at the Pyrenees.

We skied Saturday the Tuc de Salana (2485m) and monday we skied the N couloir of Gran Tuc de Colomers (2983m) in an amazing powder snow. The cirque the Colomers is a pure N cirque that acts as a fridge, so above 2500m we skied in a nice powder, then skied in a nice spring snow...

The objective of the day:

latest report
I am really pleased that the Pyrenees has had such a good year. I think its always been good but all of my mates have said they definitely want to go there now.

My trip last week was my best trip ever because of the snow, because of the nightlife and because of the genuine friendliness of the locals.

I've been to Chamonix, La Plagne and Andorra this year. Andorra was the best boarding of the lot.

I would love to do a season there, finding the secrets that AlTom and MetalHead find.
ski holidays
bar shaker, stop telling everyone about the place wink wink wink Laughing
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
I would love to do a season there, finding the secrets that AlTom and MetalHead find.

We don't exactly live IN the Pyrenees, but not much far away to find that "secrets".....and also we live at the same distance to the beach so we could show you the costa brava summer nice secrets NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Lots of things in a little area NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

Not all seasons are like this....we also have really bad seasons, then French Alps are at "only" 7-8 hours by car.....
latest report
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pure Marketing AlTom Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Some pics....more photos in my BLOG http://berniboom.blogspot.com

snow conditions
Yesterday's accumulations of 40cm an average in all Pyrenees, with some places reaching 60-70cm of new snow in 1 day...Amazing, but the BEST is that now forecasts for friday-saturday are saying that will arrive a BIGGER storm that last one..so maybe 50cm average more, reaching tops of 70-80cm.. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Tomorrow we leave to Hautes-Pyrenees unitl monday, so I'll catch it in the mountains Laughing Laughing Laughing I'll tell you on tuesday Razz NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
AlTom, fantastic, I see Masella is open 'til May 10th, any other late closers?
snow conditions
AlTom wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

We don't exactly live IN the Pyrenees, but not much far away to find that "secrets".....and also we live at the same distance to the beach so we could show you the costa brava summer nice secrets NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Lots of things in a little area NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

Not all seasons are like this....we also have really bad seasons, then French Alps are at "only" 7-8 hours by car.....

I have spent quite a bit of time in Catalunya as I used to be invited to the WRC each year. The restaurants at Col de Revel and Campins are very memorable to me and the whole Montsenny area is stunning. The WRC was always at Lloret but we found some nice quiet beaches too.

Barcelona is my favourite city in the world.

You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area and very lucky to be having such fantastic snow.

I would still like to do a season!
snow report
New storm forecasted for tomorrow and the whole weekend with maybe another half meter of snow!!!Snowlevels dropping again to 1000-900m.!!!!

Peter Ross, Masella is latest.
But Grandvalira, and Ordino Arcalís close at 3th of May

And the latest closer in Spain is Sierra Nevada (17th of May)
snow report
metalhead132 wrote:
New storm forecasted for tomorrow and the whole weekend with maybe another half meter of snow!!!Snowlevels dropping again to 1000-900m.!!!!

kruisler, get the tissues out, your dreams have come true - have a good day Sat.
snow report
masmith, i know! I am starting to get worried i won't even be able to get there! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy