Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bindings - advice sought!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, so I've been shopping around for my first skis - I've rented up until now. I like black groomed runs, fast cruising on piste in general and a bit of bumps and tree skiing, (about 70/30 piste-off piste split). I'm female, 160cm tall and 138lbs.

I've narrowed it down to:

Head Great Ones in a 153cm with a head one LD12 binding
Dynastar Exclusive Fluid legend (in a 152cm) with Legend NX binding
Scott Maya (in a 155cm) with either Salomon Z10 or Tyrolia Peak 11

I'm waiting for a call back from Ellis Brigham to try these in Milton Keynes. My questions so far:

The head one LD12 binding has a wide break that is bigger then the standard ld12. (Out of interest the new White Book has the picture of a standard LD12 against the name head one LD12, the Head One is 'female' specific, the standard isn't, they've used the wrong picture). The only difference I can see apart from colour is the wide break. Why is this and what is the advantage of a wider wide break??

Reviews of the Tyrolia Peak 11 would indicate this is a more intermediate binding for light weight skiers. Should I be looking to upgrade to a Tyrolia 12 or go for the Salomon binding?

Any other advice/input would be appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Farry, Wider break fits round a wider ski. If the break was too small it wouldn't hang over the edges when you eject and if it was too fat it would drag when carving. A good metal binding would probably make you feel more connected with the ski etc etc but they don't run untill higher bindings so the chances are (know real knowledge of Tyrolia) are that the springs are different. If they are selling it with the ski and as long as you are within the din limit you will be fine.

Welcome to sHs
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy