Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Levi - Finnish Lapland

Poster: A snowHead
Winter has arrived in the Arctic Circle. snowHead

It won't melt here either.

http://www.levi.fi/pages/index.php?id=101&language=eng_win#
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you sure? I can't see snow now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peura, It has melted by this morning as I see from the historical webcams.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunno, I saw what I think you saw. But they don't seem to have snow forecast. I'm thinking it's some issue with the camera at night. There is snow on the hills up north though,say here http://www.finnra.fi/alk/english/kelikamerat/kamera-C1453501.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i saw it and there was definitely snow there, throughout friday
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I looked at the webcam yesterday which has an hour by hour shot. There was snow there Friday evening but it had melted by Saturday morning I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Embarassed must have missed it then. I'd looked the many of the archived pictures and couldn't see any. Not that I'm worried there's plenty of time for it to accumulate before I go near there Smile .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't worry.. Levi always produces the snow! Toofy Grin I just love that place..

According to levi-lapland.com winter runs from September through to May
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And the lack of mountains doesn't put you off at all? Why am I suddenly suspicious of Canadians?

snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lol.. I am not actually Canadian.. just here for a season boarding!! Smile

But yes, you are right.. Levi is not a mountain so you don't get the vertical that you can expect over this side of the world. But the powder was pretty amazing for Europe!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
powderrules, Sorry for being a bit snappy. Seems to be an outbreak of niggling on snowHeads at the moment. I have no wish to join in. And a warm welcome to snowheads.

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey no problem at all!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B wrote:
There was snow there Friday evening but it had melted by Saturday morning I'm afraid.

How does snow melt when the temperature is -12°C? I can't imagine Levi in December without snow! There seems to be plenty of snow in the pictures taken near the gondola.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I skied there once the temp averaged at -20C and got down to -37C. When it was 'warm' enough to ski there is only tiny amount of vertical and terrain isn't too good. Not my pick for a resort to go to.

Weird stuff starts happening at those temperatures, your eyelashes freeze instantly and become really heavy, skis don't slide, ice skates don't work and doing boots up is hell.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
espri wrote:
Colin B wrote:
There was snow there Friday evening but it had melted by Saturday morning I'm afraid.

How does snow melt when the temperature is -12°C? I can't imagine Levi in December without snow! There seems to be plenty of snow in the pictures taken near the gondola.
It was the 12th October when that post was written. Perhaps it was warmer than -12C then?
ski holidays
Embarassed Ooops, sorry!
ski holidays
Laughing easily done when these old threads get resurrected snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy