Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying skis for kids - where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am taking the kids to France for a ski season and am unable to get quotes for ski and boot hire for longer than 2 weeks. It seems that it will be cheaper to buy. Can anybody suggest any good websites? The kids are aged 12,11,6 and 8. Or if anybody has 2nd hand to sell even better!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
siriol, Having been in a similar position in the past I'd really look at a rental deal for boots and ski's. We ski around 5 weeks each winter now with the kids and rent seasonally, I think in Switzerland I paid about £75 for each child last winter, maybe less. Prices will vary but almost every ski shop will be very happy to offer you a deal of some description. Also depending on the ski shop its often possible to have the chance to swap/change the ski's for something else(a Snowboard or Cross country skis) during the season. You'll espcially get more love from your ski shop if you tell them you'll bring all your friends who are visiting you to their shop during the winter.

I'm excited for you, where are you going ???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
siriol, My Swiss friends manage to hire gear for the whole season for their kids - I'm sure you will find a deal somewhere
snow conditions
 brian
brian
http://sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=kategorie&kat_id=175
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
siriol, actually if your going to Morzine (just seen your other threads) then we rented from Ardent Sport in Montriond when we lived out there, they were particularly helpful.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
siriol, what an exciting idea. How are you going to organise it? I bet your older two will be wanting to snowboard, not ski. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
siriol, Another vote for Sport Conrad Very Happy Drop them an e-mail asking for deals on last seasons skis/availability etc.Put your phone No in the mail and there's a very good chance they will ring you.Buying v Hiring? Tough choice.They will all outgrow sizes quickly....but with your age ranges you can pass down to some degree(possibly?)From my experience 'kids'(mine at least)like to own their own kit.Downside is you have to service it.On the other hand,rental choice can be limited,esp kids...and esp the wider park and pipe skis(the older two are bound to whack the park at some point)Do your homework and the best of luck.........enjoy Cool

BTW...I have a pair of Junior K2 Missys on offer in the Sales section if interested wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look hard enough on ebay and you'll find some bargains. I have in the main bought skis and boots from ebay and it is cheaper than renting, plus you could sell on or re-use for younger kids when older ones finished with. I have never been a fan of renting, primarilly because I like to have the chance of popping up north at short notice if snow is good, plus I don't have to stick my feet into smelly hire boots. As an example we rented skis and boots for our daughter a few years ago in Belle Plagne for around EUR69 for the week but the boots were ancient (ie a couple of seasons old - for hire boots that is ancient in my opinion) and absolutely stank. On our return we bought alomost new ski boots for £15 and NEW Salomon skis for £25 (in fact was able to buy 100s and 110s from same seller), and she got 2 seasons out of the boots and skis (which her younger brother will inherit when he can fit them - next year probably). Also your local dry slope may sell off stuff around this time of year. Managed to get Rossi Bandit juniors for my eldest for £30 (without bindings) that were ex display. I just swicthed the bindings from his current skis, which again were around £30 from ebay and lasted him 3 seasons.
The money you can save by buying can then be used to getting yourself some top notch gear Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. We are going to St Gervais/ Les Contamines. I've looked on ebay but seem to be no second hand kids skis - maybe I need to be more persistent! I'm about to phone my local dry slope to follow up on on boabski's idea and will look on the sales section at yourJunior k2 skis snowskisnow. Both the older kids have tried boarding but claim to prefer skiing! Maybe that will change when they have longer to perfect boarding - so far they haven't got far passed the painful falling over bit, whereas they are fast competent skiers so boarding seems like hard work!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy