Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer - Geneva to La Thuile?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any contact details for companies doing private transfers from Geneva airport to La Thuile?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Checked the sites for the companies we have used, none go to La Thuile.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://easyjet.holidaytaxis.com/products.php?airportgroupid=21&airportid=82&resortid=687&today=23&tomonth=12&toyear=2008

£547.20 for 4 private
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a very straightforward self-drive, and having a car when there makes (very worthwhile) trips to Courmayeur and Pila a doddle. I realise this doesn't answer your question by the way, sorry.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want to do it on the cheap there's a bus to Chamonix, change to a bus to Courmayeur, where I expect there is a bus to La Thuile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Standee - thanks for that. We're looking into self drive too - just weighing up the options at the moment.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with Paulio on this one I have done self drive 4 times from Geneva to La Thuile and it is very straightforward. In addition Pila and Courmayeur are included in the lift pass and are well worth a day trip. Cervinia is also included but I believe this is quite a long drive.

Regarding transfers check with the hotel or check out the La Thuile website which has some details of transfer companies and taxi firms.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Gogs. One of the reasons we're thinking about private transfers is that there's 5 of us plus a toddler - thought it might be cheaper doing it that way than renting a people carrier - I don't think there's an awful lot of difference price-wise though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah it's an easy drive.. just down to BSM, La Ros and then nip over the hill to la thuile (job done!) Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett wrote:
Yeah it's an easy drive.. just down to BSM, La Ros and then nip over the hill to la thuile (job done!) Laughing Laughing

bertie bassett, There're a few snotHeads who wouldn't blink at doing that and I'd venture that there are at least half a dozen that wouldn't even buy a lift pass in la Ros (and not just 'cos they're a bit frugal). I've walked up to the Fort and it's an easy 2 hour climb . There's a 4K amble along the inbound piste that's at a fairly gentle pitch and from the mid station it's downhill all the way. Anyone used to randonee and familiar with the area would see it as an afternoon well spent. I did consider this last season when I got the chance of a cheap room in La Thuile, but I went to the MSB instead . . . and bashed my cherry for the second time
Twisted Evil

edit: Thinking about it . . . and if you were up for the adventure . . . you could Eurostar to BsM and the bus up the hill to Seez or La Ros, buy your pass in La Ros and then ski over to Italy. I doubt it'd take longer than getting up from Milan.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy