Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for other families to ski with

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'll give it a go. Posted this in Apres and was advised to try Trips.

We usually ski with family or friends but this season we are a billy no mates. Family not skiing this year...friends all going at half term - and we're too mean (& poor) to pay the premium. Other years we've skied Esprit so that the kids can make friends but I'm wondering if they're not getting too old for that now (boy 9yrs & girl 12yrs).

Kids are reasonably capable skiers (3 star at ESF) after 3 weeks skiing. I'm a nervous but competent piste skier (I popped my ACL 07 & have been cautious since) Paul can ski most things with a modicum of style. We're very easy going and jsut enjoy being in the mountains and the odd beer (or two or three).

Just wondered if there were other families out there in a similar position who might be interested in getting together.

Here's hoping I haven't infringed any forum etiqutte.

Sharon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooooooo, Deja Vu Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc, Are you following me?

I'm just not smart enough to link my post as suggested and I don't know who the mods are.

Am I now going to be hounded out of SH for cross posting?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowlamb, No doubt you will find some like minded peeps on here. Good luck and enjoy the sliding!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowlamb wrote:
Mosha Marc, Are you following me?
Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Am I now going to be hounded out of SH for cross posting?

naah, not straight away wink , first they will pick on your grammar and spelling, your likes and dislikes etc rolling eyes
they are friendly bunch though,
hang in there,
BTW, where in Hants are you ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
helena57,

Havant. And yourself?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowlamb,
aaaaall the way north, Farnborough,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowlamb, Which country are you planning to be skiing in ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
b]snowlamb[/b], When/ where were you thinking of going? We will be in Samoens for xmas. Our son is 8 and daughter 10. Both ski all the runs with us, bumps, jumps and jam parks and have been skiing since they were 3 or 4. I have trouble keeping up rolling eyes You'd be welcome to join us for a few runs.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowlamb, We're in a similar position - were taking some ski virgins with us but they've dropped out leaving us without friends for the week. Was planning on chalet in La Rosiere in early March though, so perhaps too late for you.

One child, but he's only 18 months old so the kids probably won't relate to him as well!!! Smile

MrsFE is like you - very competent but has lost a lot of confidence following a bad experience in Meribel and having little one. I am confident on anything groomed and like to look good doing it! Other than that we're relaxed and like to enjoy the apres as much as the during...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This also sounds like a dating agency advert. I feel dirty. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
helena57, Farnborough - ooh have you skied at the Aldershot dry slope? I'm thinking of going back to their Monday coffee mornings to see if it will increase/rebuild my confidence.

Frosty, Thinking of France as we might drive - although I've started to look at the Esprit special offers and they do have some attractive deals on offer for Austria and France. I'm just a little concerned that my daughter at just turned 12 might be too old for their 'children's high tea'.

steve, We were away for Christmas last year - was fab. but I don't think we'd get away with it again this year. the in-law might disinherit us!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FastEddie wrote:
... Was planning on chalet in La Rosiere ...but they've dropped out ...

Laughing I expect that they found out about the resort Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, seems to be a Hampshire bias to this thread....I'll admit it I live near Basingstoke Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowlamb, one of my colleagues informs me that the cafe is out of action at Aldershot dry slope this month due to building works so probably no coffee mornings at the mo! Bit of local trivia from another Farnborough based bod. Smile
snow report
steve, Oh dear - but someone has to I guess Confused Laughing

You're not far from me though - I'm midway between you and Helena57.
snow report
Ray Zorro,
better be nice to us then Laughing Laughing Laughing
you are the posher one here wink
snow conditions
snowlamb,
I need to start going there as well, coffee or not they will still do the monday morning club,
would be great to meet up,
ski holidays
snowlamb, I live in Emsworth, though we're in France at the moment! If budget is a bit tight (and whose isn't?) why bother with Esprit? And my daughter would certainly not have thanked me for a "kid's high tea" when she was 12! The cheaper catered chalets are just as likely to yield friendly groups for you to ski with. Can recommend, for example, Ski Olympic - and several snowheads have posted positive reports of their holidays in recent years (ours were a long time ago!). If you go with an outfit that has some "ski guiding" available you can also split up. It is fun to ski as a family part of the time but our kids enjoyed going off with the faster groups from time to time too - and you and your OH can also ski in different groups. We often went skiing with my sister and kids - the cousins had great fun together and I can quite see why you would like to find some company.

After an injury, and the subsequent lack of confidence, the right sort of lessons would probably be really helpful to you too - there's lots of discussion here about where to find good quality instruction.
snow report
 brian
brian
FastEddie wrote:
This also sounds like a dating agency advert. I feel dirty. Very Happy

Shocked

Is there some sort of coded keys in Hampshire bowls thing going on here ? Laughing
snow report
Quote:

I'm just a little concerned that my daughter at just turned 12 might be too old for their 'children's high tea'.

Last year when we were with Esprit there was a lad of about 12-14 with his younger siblings. By mutual agreement he dined with the adults.

He didn't flick peas off his spoon and we didn't perform lewd acts so no offence caused to anyone.

Not advocating an Esprit holiday as there are plenty of alternatives, just pointing out that a 12 year old needn't be a show stoppper for you.
snow report
snowlamb, we normally take our two (boy and girl both 12) somewhere high at Easter.
It's much cheaper than half term and if you know where to go, the snow's still brilliant.

Given the dates of Easter this year though, the second (cheaper) week leads straight into the End of Season Bash (18thApr) which is in Val Thorens. So as I'll need to be there anyway, we're pretty certain to be in VT with the kids that week (11th Apr).
As the highest resort in Europe, I've never seen it anything but totally open at that time of year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy