Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which twintip to start learning tricks whilst still being able to hang on groomers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rather than trying to take my on-piste skiing to the next level this season, I'm looking to change up my usual style this time out - and have decided that I might quite like to try out jibbing on a pair of twintips.

I'm confident all over anything groomed but don't particularly need to make it stick on bumps or in deep powder - am happy sticking to the pistes while I learn my craft! However, I still want something that is going to handle well when I want to revert to my usual fast carving style. I currently ski in Nordica Speedmachine 10s which are by no means a freestyle boot but as a beginner will be soft enough for me to stomp the odd trick, I'm sure.

Recommendations from the hipsters out there?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tricky, a lot of twins have soft tip and tail so aren't best suited to high speed groomerization, more to powder & bumps, whereas things like prophets, which put some piste skis I've tried to shame and I lurrve, you probably really wouldn't want in the park. If I were you I'd try something like the new wood core salomon suspect (1080 replacement), rossi scratch (or whatever it is this year) and line blends (which are the prophet shape with a forward mount and no metal).

and I'd try and rent.

And I'm so unhip, as someone once said, it's a wonder my bum doesn't fall off.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi fasteddie, try before buying without doubt, been to the 09 ski test earlier in the year and skiied most of next seasons twins, did a review on here but cant remember the link so you might have to search, but heres a summary of my favs and worsts that also rock the piste (for twins that is)!!

stoke factor 10.....icelantic pilgrim, line blend and chronic, icelantic da nollie, movement joystick and kamasutra, rossi s5, pretty much all of these skis rock like no other! personally i would buy any of these and be seriously happy, but then im not you!

pants like nothin else...salomon dumont and suspect, scott punishers, both of these were (for me) absolute rubbish beyond compare! there are several others that are awesome in the park but wouldnt suit the groomers and i didnt get a chance to ski too many heads/volkls unfortunately but ive heard the wall and mojos are sweet, any q's then feel free to drop me a line, doc
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the_doc, I'll let Simon know.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Cunners, the_doc - I'm heading to Castleford in the next couple of weeks so I'll see if I can spot any of the listed planks on try'n'buy in Ellis Brigham.

I was definitely thinking of hiring this time out - but it's been good to get some input from seasoned parkrats who also know what can hang on the piste on the way home Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FastEddie wrote:
but it's been good to get some input from seasoned parkrats who also know what can hang on the piste on the way home Smile

not me, that! In the park I went small and went home Embarassed Bruised.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the_doc wrote:
Hi fasteddie, try before buying without doubt, been to the 09 ski test earlier in the year and skiied most of next seasons twins, did a review on here but cant remember the link so you might have to search, but heres a summary of my favs and worsts that also rock the piste (for twins that is)!!

stoke factor 10.....icelantic pilgrim, line blend and chronic, icelantic da nollie, movement joystick and kamasutra, rossi s5, pretty much all of these skis rock like no other! personally i would buy any of these and be seriously happy, but then im not you!

pants like nothin else...salomon dumont and suspect, scott punishers, both of these were (for me) absolute rubbish beyond compare! there are several others that are awesome in the park but wouldnt suit the groomers and i didnt get a chance to ski too many heads/volkls unfortunately but ive heard the wall and mojos are sweet, any q's then feel free to drop me a line, doc

i really enjoyed the punishers when i skiied them last season, so much so that i bought a pair for this season, but then maybe they're better in powder which is mainly what i used them for
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ha ohalex! prime example of why you should try before you buy, get on those planks fasteddie, decide which suit you best then go for the one with the best graphics!!! obviously loads of people love the punishers but for me they're just gay noodles, hohum.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy